bike fixed AGAIN 4 now atleast need your advice tho

GoldenMotor.com

adam valentine

Sep 27, 2010
Mission Kansas
so I got my bike fixed after breaking the petcock and barely getting the threaded part out of the tank. I took the tank off and walked down to a great hardware store got a brass fitting and jammed it in the threads because they didn't match up but got a good seal, better than the petcock fit ever put in an inline Briggs and Straton filter for the gasoline hose clamped everything, and bam for the first time in my bikes life I didn't have a gas leak!!!! so my bike runs like crap it has no power what so ever its has the new CNS hi performance adjustable glued in brass screws that Ive broke all of them trying to get them unstuck Ive ordered a new top of the line 8 dollar spark plug and they are telling me it will cost 15 bucks for a solid copper plug wire will these really help me do you think? my engine is brand new but it is very weak and top speed might be 20 but i doubt it , any advice is much appreciated, i know i need a new carb, but im attempting to keep rent payed and the lights on right now so im going cheap as possible, If anyone has a carb they arnt using and wants me to pay shipping or a few bucks and it can be adjusted let me know that also .flg.usflgbrnot

David D.

Sep 12, 2010
California
The plug and wire that comes with your engine is fine.... as was the carburator . ... your problems seem mostly attributed to inexperience.... nothing wrong with that but a few little adjustments and your bike should run fine, is there another member in your area that might be able to have a look at it? would like to see some pics and maybe could help you prevent further problems.... David

adam valentine

Sep 27, 2010
Mission Kansas
my carb is nonadjustable as i stated the brass screws come glued in on the 2010 models with the hi performance carbs and i way 220 but this think cant make it up a small hill and wont hold the same speed at wot I am new to a motoized bicycle however i am not new to working on and adjusting motorcycles and old cars and trucks i own a 76 monty and a 67 chevy truck with a wood bed and 3 on the tree they both need constant carb adjustment every time the season changes

Sideshowbob

Dec 26, 2010
Salem OR
I have a CNS it's junk the older carbs are better and more adjustable. I broke the glue by heating it then was real careful with the exact size flat driver to pop them loose. Even with that it took some tinkering. I Can go up to 30 but 25 seems top Cruz with my 190 lb butt on a land yacht cruzer w49cc skyhawk. My next build will be using the old style carb. No choke cable just a flap. A new old style carb is like 15 bucks new on eBay sometimes 9 bucks. Check around someone will hook you up cheap with an old style carb. Keep tinkering. .wee.

adam valentine

Sep 27, 2010
Mission Kansas
I have a CNS it's junk the older carbs are better and more adjustable. I broke the glue by heating it then was real careful with the exact size flat driver to pop them loose. Even with that it took some tinkering. I Can go up to 30 but 25 seems top Cruz with my 190 lb butt on a land yacht cruzer w49cc skyhawk. My next build will be using the old style carb. No choke cable just a flap. A new old style carb is like 15 bucks new on eBay sometimes 9 bucks. Check around someone will hook you up cheap with an old style carb. Keep tinkering. .wee.
thank god someone else has this prob, how did you heat it up i think im beyond that point i think Ive destroyed the brass screws already and a link to an old style carb, or a new style adjustable would be very helpful

Hammond Egger

Oct 23, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Get a new NT carb from Spookytooth. Twenty five bucks. I had the carb you have and when I switched I went from twenty MPH to thirty MPH top speed.

Cogswelln

Dec 6, 2009
Maine
i have the cns carb though mine came without the screws being epoxied in or w/e they use, i have absolutly no problems with the carb. it powers my 66cc on my 3-speed trike. but the older style carbs are easier to adjust to an extent.

adam valentine

Sep 27, 2010
Mission Kansas
i have the cns carb though mine came without the screws being epoxied in or w/e they use, i have absolutly no problems with the carb. it powers my 66cc on my 3-speed trike. but the older style carbs are easier to adjust to an extent.
your lucky the Chinese kid that adjusted your carb was old enough to count lol