Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Basket

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Truly heart warming Bill. Every time I see that last one, I imagine how they will tell the story of happy times with Grandpa and his crazy motor bike 20 years from now. Rides to school and how the other kids reacted. Ice cream runs,,, Pretty cool there Gramps

stevolandis

Feb 20, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
Nice pictures! what Dan said. Does any exhaust get on the cart or the girls, like at a stoplight? When I stop, the air gets a bit smoky after 1/2 minute.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
thanks for the compliments :)...
I am always willing to brag about, or show off my grandkids :)
to paraphrase John Candy in 'Uncle Buck',,,"I'm a grampa, it's my job" !!!

their first trailer had bright yellow covering,,,never got dirty (plus I had the exhaust pointing straight down)that was back in my 2smoke days ;)

now (4stroke powered), the exhaust is centered under my frame and pointed at the double-leg kickstand to disipate any fumes

in the 4 years I have been motored, they have never complained about any fumes...
and being girls, if they smelled anything, they would certainly have let me know ;) laff

Last edited:

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
I use the cart on both the trike and a motorised mountain bike with a shift kit. The trike is used on the "flats" and the MB is used at my house in the mountains. I make daily 3-5 mile grocer/trash/postoffice runs. Even loaded with 2-3 cases of beer/wine you dont even notice it behind!
After that much beer and wine I wouldn't notice it either lol laff

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Well I was catching up on the thread and had read past it a couple of boxes ,and the thought hit me what did he say back there..............................

CoastalCruiser

Apr 28, 2010
Spaced Coast
By now everybody has seen those tag-a-longs? the 1 wheel kid bikes that clamp onto a seat stem? i see them on Craigs List all the time and think they'd make a great gear/grocery toter with just a few mods.

MatCauthon137

May 12, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
why yes, I do
any excuse to post a pic of my bike, or my usual precious cargo ;)
I was thinking about putting my child trailer on my bike but i was concerned about the exhaust fumes, carbon monoxide getting to the kids, i like the way yours is set up, it is stretch so the exhaust is no where near the trialer, so you probably don't have to worry. i have a standard kit, no upgrades, so the exhaust is near my petal, standard beach crusier, not a stretch, will the exhaust fumes still reach the kids you think, or should i get an after market exhaust and see if i can move it further away from the trailer? the only thing I am really worried about is the fact that if the trailer is closed the fumes may gather in it, obviously i am near the exhaust just sitting on the bike and they don't kill me so...I just need an opinion i guess...

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I was thinking about putting my child trailer on my bike but i was concerned about the exhaust fumes, carbon monoxide getting to the kids, i like the way yours is set up, it is stretch so the exhaust is no where near the trialer, so you probably don't have to worry. i have a standard kit, no upgrades, so the exhaust is near my petal, standard beach crusier, not a stretch, will the exhaust fumes still reach the kids you think, or should i get an after market exhaust and see if i can move it further away from the trailer? the only thing I am really worried about is the fact that if the trailer is closed the fumes may gather in it, obviously i am near the exhaust just sitting on the bike and they don't kill me so...I just need an opinion i guess...
here are a few pics of when I was using a 2smoke on a Jaguar cruiser from Target, notice the exhaust is pointing down rather than back,,,I think it helped, because I used to ask the girls after every ride and they never said they could smell 'anything stinky'

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
The back window is a vent I believe(rolled up rain flap,) rush hour traffic is an exhaust nitemare ,,,I think a passing car would supply way more exhaust fumes in concentration than the small engine could for the long haul

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Maybe make some sort of vent in the rear of enclosure, just for extra mental relief. i know azbill is very careful.

The lead in leaded fuel was causing slow long term brain damage. I don``t know about this new stinky stuff.

Awhile back, years, it was on the news that some kids had died playing and being towed close behind boats. Was really surprised to hear that, we had many boats etc with my 4 children. of course we never let anybody close behind a running motor.

. Ron .cvlt1

Last edited:

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
carbon monoxide from the exhaust can get you,but think of all the times surviving in rush hour 5-10 mph trapped in a line of cars,the little motor and the open rear vent that shows on the trailer ie more that dispersil of the exhaust and the stinky stuff lol

stevolandis

Feb 20, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
The stuff I'll be carrying won't be bothered by exhaust(although my little brother might get some, he's already crazy. It won't bother him) I think going at a good speed won't bother anything, just watch out when you stop, the exhaust can build up.