Some ?s

GoldenMotor.com

xzackx

Jun 30, 2010
morgan county, OH
ok well ive put about 100 miles on my schwinn occ stingray 80cc bike.
a few days ago my tank sprung a leak, took it off, i notice its leaking from the bolts out of the tank. any fix?

i have also noticed there is a oily black spatter all over the tube in front of my engine and all over the bottom end of the engine, as well as on top of the head in the front..anyone know what causes this?

and where can i get a long exhaust for this chopper the exhaust on it i bent to fit but i want the one that goes out the back custom make? or buy?

thanks

charles.paskell

Feb 25, 2010
NC
xzakx- sounds like you have some loose bolts causing the oil splatter, as for the exaust i think you can buy one

xzackx

Jun 30, 2010
morgan county, OH
ok so is it 12lbs for the headbolts? or what? someone told me but i forget. and where can i get the exhaust i looked for the berry's exhaust but cant find thanks

ilikebike

Jul 14, 2010
Zanesville, Ohio
another question, I just got my first kit and am having some troubles installing it. first, i cant get the engine bolted down bc the frame is to thick second, i am trouble getting the sprocket to fit bc of coaster brakes...any tips? thanks

charles.paskell

Feb 25, 2010
NC
xzakx- look on ebay for a exhaust they usually have them for pocket bikes

Ilikebike-you might need the bigger bracket kit as for coster brakes i cant tell you

******There is a search engine at the top of this page (and every page)******
xzack- type in: custom exhaust
ilikebike-type in: coaster brake

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
another question, I just got my first kit and am having some troubles installing it. first, i cant get the engine bolted down bc the frame is to thick second, i am trouble getting the sprocket to fit bc of coaster brakes...any tips? thanks
Who am I to say but you really should start your first post as an introduction....and then post your own question, not jump into someone elses.

But since you did, do a search before posting...and oversized brackets for your engine mounting can be found from many vendors on this page and just remove the dust cap from the coasterbrake and bend the anchor arm so it clears the sprocket.

Oh, welcome to the forum by the way!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
If you know someone who has a cutting torch just enlarge the center hole in your sprocket so it will fit over dust cover, I would not remove it you will just be opening up your wheel bearing to dirt which will cause the bearing to wear out much quicker. Good luck with your build..!

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Type in different Questions in the search bar above the bike berry add at the top of the page

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
ok well ive put about 100 miles on my schwinn occ stingray 80cc bike.
a few days ago my tank sprung a leak, took it off, i notice its leaking from the bolts out of the tank. any fix?

i have also noticed there is a oily black spatter all over the tube in front of my engine and all over the bottom end of the engine, as well as on top of the head in the front..anyone know what causes this?

and where can i get a long exhaust for this chopper the exhaust on it i bent to fit but i want the one that goes out the back custom make? or buy?

thanks
Sound like all the oil is from a bad exaust gasket.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
make sure your exhaust pipe flange is straight and uh, whaddayacalit, y'know, not bent.

sometimes they don't mate up flush with the port, and the gasket doesn't have enough "give" to make up for it.

usually, you can sand it down using a flat surface to take out any imperfections.

as far as the tank goes, those bolts suck. if you tighten them down to much, you crack the welds. sometimes, even if you don't tighten them down to much they'll leak.

if you drain the tank, then use a wire wheel or sandpaper or whatever and grind off all the paint around the studs, make sure it's clean, free of all gas and oil. JB weld works pretty good.

there's a product called "seal-all" that ace hardware has that'll work temporsrily, too. it's like a glue that can go on over gas.

xzackx

Jun 30, 2010
morgan county, OH
yea i got some im gonna try and already ordered a new exhaust pipe got a barrys thunderpipe from ebay hope it sounds nice and works and got some gasket material to cut and fit hope it all works out and btw yea i blew the exhuast gasket