Good Buy?

GoldenMotor.com

Tulsacruiser

Mar 26, 2010
Tulsa, Ok
Ok I joined to start working on my future MB I have yet to buy a motor and Im trying to decide weather to go ahead and build it or buy one done. There is one for sale locally and I think its nice and a good deal but I would like your guys opinion on it. (also please tell me if you think I should just build one instead.

I dont like the banana seat but he has the original cruiser spring seat that comes with it.

He is asking $350 for it, he says he has $600 in it.

grouchyolfart

May 31, 2008
Wahiawa, Hawai'i
Don't know about where you're from, but over here, $350 is a very fair price considering I've seen local sellers asking as high as $800 for a ready built gas motorized bike. We're talking the smallest motor on the cheapest Wallmart bike and not much else by way of aesthetics or performance.

Your seller has a few aftermarket bike parts as well as having installed a motor. I'd check on the size and how many miles he has on it. Also check on the bike brand and where it's available. Kmart or Walmart, Sears or a dedicated bike shop. Knowing the cost of the bike, motor and aftermarket parts then comparing it to what you had in mind will help you decide if it's worth it to you.
Good luck. .we.

kla63

Jul 15, 2009
NEW HAMSHIRE
Ok I joined to start working on my future MB I have yet to buy a motor and Im trying to decide weather to go ahead and build it or buy one done. There is one for sale locally and I think its nice and a good deal but I would like your guys opinion on it. (also please tell me if you think I should just build one instead.

I dont like the banana seat but he has the original cruiser spring seat that comes with it.

He is asking $350 for it, he says he has $600 in it.
nie looking ride !!!!!!!! very good price !!! i'd buy it !!!!.wee.

Last edited:

h0tr0d

Mar 23, 2008
Looks good to me. Definately worth the money. I looks like he took care of it, if it had a ton of miles put on it I wouldn't be able to tell by how clean it is. Buy it and ditch the front fender.

Tulsacruiser

Mar 26, 2010
Tulsa, Ok
Just in case, FYI, the true displacement of an 80cc is only 66cc and the 50cc is 49cc. That's the numbers nogig was asking about. ;) So, didja get it??:)
Yea I knew that, not sure why I said it. Not I haven't got it yet, My taxes are suppose to be coming in on Friday and if they do and he has not sold it yet then I probably will.

Whizzerd

Nov 20, 2009
Muncie,IN
He's probably got abt that in it. IMO the Micargi is a step up from the Wally World bikes. The Rover is longer for adult size riders and has pretty decent rims w/stainless steel spokes and an upgraded coaster brake. I'm working on a Falcon GTS right now. He's got a few bucks in the new fork, pedals seat and apehangers too. Sounds like a straight shooter and I'd buy it.

Tulsacruiser

Mar 26, 2010
Tulsa, Ok
He's probably got abt that in it. IMO the Micargi is a step up from the Wally World bikes. The Rover is longer for adult size riders and has pretty decent rims w/stainless steel spokes and an upgraded coaster brake. I'm working on a Falcon GTS right now. He's got a few bucks in the new fork, pedals seat and apehangers too. Sounds like a straight shooter and I'd buy it.
Thanks for your opinion, I just might do it!