Less than 9 tooth drive sprocket?

GoldenMotor.com

Bikewithamotor

Nov 18, 2009
Hope Valley
Hey,
Has anyone seen a web site that sells a drive sprocket that has less than 9 teeth?

The reason I want to know is because I want to give my bike some more torque for hills by downsizing the engine sprocket, but the smallest one I can find is a 9 tooth and I dont know how much difference a 9 will make, rather than a ten

If there is a site out there that sells a less than 9 tooth drive sprocket...please share!

Thanks a mil!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy BikeW/M. I dunno, never saw any. For better hill climbing, wouldn't just a larger rear sprocket do the same for ya? Cheap and easy to find.

Either way, you will trade speed for power. Unless I am wrong, in which case you won't. But I am not, so you will. (LOL, lost my self there) But some one will correct me if I am mistaken. But I'm not. if I'm am...

hehe, I'll stop now.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I don't think either one of those sprockets will work on the engine...
I believe the SBP sprocket is for the jackshaft & not for the engine, & the other probably won't fit without modification.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Missed it VB. Got linkage? (I have to agree, it is)

Side, ot note. See a lot more 4 smokers on your site. Ya liking 'em more? Just wondering. Aside from the GB thing, I love my Honda!

Bikewithamotor

Nov 18, 2009
Hope Valley
I did some research and the #40 sprocket won't fit because it is too wide. However, the SBP sprocket WILL, because it is just a little thinner than a 415 sprocket. (The chain will still fit on it)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
will it fit the shaft BWM? Asking. Be a lot easier to swap out then the rear sprocket. You would be on to some thing if it will fit!

nickydrumstix

Aug 20, 2009
santa ana, CA
If You Want To Make Your Bike Run With A Motor Think Twice Before Doing It Its A Pain In Thhe Ass Then They Brake Even Though You "fixed" The Problem .....!!!!!!!

the new ausped

Feb 10, 2010
australia
If You Want To Make Your Bike Run With A Motor Think Twice Before Doing It Its A Pain In Thhe Ass Then They Brake Even Though You "fixed" The Problem .....!!!!!!!
are you o.k? sounds like you have some problems with your bike. make a thread about it and the people here will help you out, there a great source information and wont let you down