Having a blast till tuesday

GoldenMotor.com

rmillerb

Aug 23, 2009
California
Hi everyone,
I've been lurking around for a while and picking up tips here and there.I have a 66cc kit installed and I've done a few mods to it; clutch cable fix, port and gasket matching...have about 200 miles on it... ran fantastic... till tuesday. I started the bike but could barely keep it running, seems to be starving for fuel (backfires though carb just trying to keep it running) Ive cleaned the carb 3 times and found nothing. I'm running the bike at 20:1 and generally have a cocoa colored plug. WAS about ready to lean out the air/fuel a bit for more RPM but I have a problem and dont know what to try next, hate to throw money away on parts I don't need.
Suggestions??
Thanks in advance guys,

Rmillerb

rockvoice

Apr 6, 2009
glendale california
my 2 cents. check intake for airleaks , gasket and where the carb mounts.
also see if it runs better without the gas cap on (some guy's i know thier cap would not vent and the gas wouldnt flow) so they drilled a small hole in the center of the cap and it was fine .
it seems that if you ported your intake there might be less surface area for the gasket so may have an airleak.

one of my bike ran like crap and i coulc not figure it out till i took a closer look this morning and saw a missing piece of intake gasket. cut a new gasket and it instantly runs like a champ now.

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
ya sounds like an air leak. on my 66 hau sheng the gaskets bit one fell apart on install, just crumbled, i have made new gaskets out o this rubber stuff i get from ace hardware it come in a 3 pack of diferet thickness so i just put it down and with ye ol rattlecan paintg it and then cut it down i nhave a setof hole punches but it still takes a little blade work the stuff holds up under heat really well. frank