Pirate Cycles

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Whatda expect from a PIRATE LOL

Sorry for your loss man I knew something was wrong unusual to hear a complaint on ya. It's still better to hear a complaint than just loose a customer tho I think we can all agree,

opus44

Aug 27, 2010
Kansas
Let me first say that I to am very sorry for your loss.

I would really like purchase a hub adapter for my huffy (cranbrook) bike that i'm converting with a Grubee GT5 kit. I came across this CNC hub and fell in love with it. I mic'ed my hub this afternoon and came up with 1.53. Can I use the CB-110 Hub part number cb110spktada for my hub? These hubs are a bit expensive so I would like to be sure before I order. Thanks for any help.

opus

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.

These hubs are a bit expensive so I would like to be sure before I order. Thanks for any help.

opus
When you see the quality workmanship of the hub & how great it lines up the sprocket, you'll know it was worth it. Get a Pirate t shirt. They are great!! I got 3 shirts.

opus44

Aug 27, 2010
Kansas
Believe me, i'm not questioning the quality. I just want to make sure i'm getting the right hub for my wheels. I hate waisting shipping and time sending things back.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Believe me, i'm not questioning the quality. I just want to make sure i'm getting the right hub for my wheels. I hate waisting shipping and time sending things back.
Sorry opus, I didn't mean anything negative towards you. I just wanted to praise their hubs again. (^)

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL

I would really like purchase a hub adapter for my huffy (cranbrook) bike that i'm converting with a Grubee GT5 kit. I came across this CNC hub and fell in love with it. I mic'ed my hub this afternoon and came up with 1.53. Can I use the CB-110 Hub part number cb110spktada for my hub? These hubs are a bit expensive so I would like to be sure before I order. Thanks for any help.

opus
Hi,

Upon speaking to Jim at Creative, he indicated the adapter you mention IS NOT RECOMMENDED.
He makes mention of hub failure. Jim is not in favor of using shims with his product.

Senior/ Elite Members here in the forum say the hub is good for them, and did use the CB-110 adapter. I think other MB'ers hub failure was due to improper tightening of the hub/ axel.

CB-110 Hub part number cb110spktada - Allowable hub width range according to Pirates website:
---> 1.522" - 1.528"

So if my math is correct, your hub size difference is ONLY +.002".
In your case, my gut feel is to go ahead and buy it.

(BTW I too own a Cranbrook, own 2 hubs/wheel sets and they are both different sizes)
a. 1.533" - 1.543"
b. 1.539" - 1.548"
I'm still futzing around with the rag joint.

If I were you, confirm from compatibility from Jim at Creative Engineering or retailer Justin at Pirate.

Good luck with your build, and let me/ us know if we could help you with anything else.

:)

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Hi,

Upon speaking to Jim at Creative, he indicated the adapter you mention IS NOT RECOMMENDED.
He makes mention of hub failure. Jim is not in favor of using shims with his product.

Senior/ Elite Members here in the forum say the hub is good for them, and did use the CB-110 adapter. I think other MB'ers hub failure was due to improper tightening of the hub.

CB-110 Hub part number cb110spktada - Allowable hub width range according to Pirates website:
---> 1.522" - 1.528"

So if my math is correct, your hub size difference is ONLY +.002".
In your case, my gut feel is to go ahead and buy it.

(BTW I too own a Cranbrook, own 2 hubs/wheel sets and they are both different sizes)
a. 1.533" - 1.543"
b. 1.539" - 1.548"
I'm still futzing around with the rag joint.

If I were you, confirm from compatibility from Jim at Creative Engineering or retailer Justin at Pirate.

Good luck with your build, and let me/ us know if we could help you with anything else.

I concur... I would go ahead with the CB-110 hub adapter and in the event your hub fails upgrade the wheel to one with heavy duty spokes which also uses the CB-110 adapter. I'd plan to upgrade anyway at some point just for peace of mind. Can't really lose that way.
SB

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
I concur... I would go ahead with the CB-110 hub adapter and in the event your hub fails upgrade the wheel to one with heavy duty spokes which also uses the CB-110 adapter. I'd plan to upgrade anyway at some point just for peace of mind. Can't really lose that way.
SB
Hey SB,

You just put it in perspective for me.

For my next build in 2011, I am seriously considering one of the SUN Industrial line of bikes, HD frame, alloy rims with shamino cb e 110 hub AND 12 ga. spokes.

Sun Bicycles - Products

(All for around $300.00, and readily available here in Fl at local BS)
Great value compared to the worksman IMHO.
(Although id LOOVE a new worksman, base model would be $339.00 & $100.00 ship im guessing & $70.00 for alloy rims, so $500.00 total.)

So I too would probably get the the cb 110 adapter as well, with the larger openings for thicker spokes.

BTW, Daytona Beach FL Bike Week Oct Th. Oct 14th to Sun Oct 17th. Anyone want to meet up?
(ill post this in an appropriate area of the forum too)