what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

tgaydos

Jul 16, 2015
astoria oregon
I properly mounted my gas tank, and was able to remove the duct tape holding it on. Hopefully now it won't rattle as much. still need some loc-tite though to keep everything from coming loose. I used the chain guard piece to make the front mount because my frame is weird.

I also did a little cable management. it looks much cleaner now by bringing that clutch cable closer to the head tube. usflg

Attachments

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
With that frame you could weld in a bung for a gas cap on the top bar and another for the fuel petcock on the underside and just use the top bar for the fuel tank, it looks like it could hold at least 2 liters of fuel if it's fully sealed...

TheWizardVillage

Jul 29, 2015
Tennessee
This being the first day of ownership.
I removed the throttle grip, trashed the old fuel tank, and removed the carb.
Time to clean up this little booger and get it on the road!

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Nothing got done to the road bike project today but I had some free time to reassemble the specialized frame after painting it. That's the one that I'm replacing for the mountain bike. The front half of the frame has been painted and finished for over a month but I needed to clean up and repaint the swing arm and the rear shock spring. I didn't have enough free time to do the stuff I need to on the road bike so I worked this one since if a customer did come in while I was working on it I could just drop what I was doing and take care of them. I got the frame reassembled but left off needing to take the parts off the broken frame and transfer them to the new frame. Then once I get that done I'm going to need to fire up the cnc and make a new front and rear mount, since this one has an aluminum frame I'm not going to take any chances with muffler clamp type mounts or any steel strap brackets, the bottom tube is too big for the billet mounts some places sell so I'm going to make my own for a perfect fit. Also since this one has rear suspension I'm going to need to come up with a better way to keep the chain tight enough but not too tight so I'm planning on getting a spring tensioner from turbobuick and putting a heavier longer spring in place so the chain will keep a constant tension but not go too tight. I'm also going to keep the rear shock set on the firm side to limit the travel and prevent bottoming out. I got a good source for springs if this one is too hard or soft, and since this one will stay on the street I won't need much travel. I'll try and post pics in the morning...

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
didnt work on my bikes but got in a couple of really nice intakes from Cortez Motorsports, best looking shorty intakes Ive seen and he even sent me a bonus exhaust extension for free.

and by the way I got the intakes for $6 each on a special he had for one day sale but even at regular price hes way below everyone else and he makes all his parts himself, nothing is cheap china knock off stuff.

look him up on facebook if you want some of his intakes or other parts he makes.

hoping to get time to put one of these to use on a bike soon.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Cool... I'll have to check his stuff out since I got 3 builds going on in different stages...
I just ordered another pipe off ebay, this time it's a Pro Circuit pipe for a CR80 and it's going to replace the ugly KTM pipe on the mountain bike when it goes back together. I'll buy another Firebreather header adapter from Fred for this one as well since it really sped up the process of getting a real pipe on these engines.
Here's the pic of the mountain bike's new frame... I'm replacing the bottom bracket and the head bearing cups so they stayed on during paint, these parts will be replaced with new stuff. If I have time today I'll be transfering the front end and the wheels over from the old frame, then I'll concentrate on making a set of billet mounts for this one....

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Thanks for that Cortez Motorsports info... I just looked at some of the stuff he makes and those heads look really nice as well as the Terminator engine mounts and sprocket adapters etc...

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I tried to tell ya they run a little hot while breaking in...
J/k.. yeah, that sux getting burned by these... I learned real quick where not to run my header on my first build... went to jump on the bike and it burned the inside of my leg pretty good... then I had to walk really carefully for a few days as that one healed...

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
well i just cut and reclocked the 78 Yamaha YZ80 pipe and tacked it where i wanted it tomorrow ill weld it up the rest of the way and grind it down and repaint it this should be a really BIG change in performance

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Thanks for that Cortez Motorsports info... I just looked at some of the stuff he makes and those heads look really nice as well as the Terminator engine mounts and sprocket adapters etc...
Glad you found the info helpful Dave, I been friend with him on facebook for a while and he seems to be a straight up fella and another good source for some of the parts many of us enjoy.

I also like the heads he's making, they flow really nice with the shape of the jug and they look the be light weight and have plenty of surface for better cooling.

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
well i got the expansion chamber on today it looks and sounds perfect took it for a ride and got pulled over for going 53 MPH the cop got out walked around the bike and said how the **** did you get a bike to go 53 i said well it was the things the guys on facebook showed me he shook his head and said slow it down lol i didnt get the info from facebook but it sounded good at the ex chamber.jpg

tgaydos

Jul 16, 2015
astoria oregon
so i layed it down yesterday as stated above, i rode it today and it runs like **** i just got home so i haven't taken it apart yet (still too hot) any ideas what may be causing it to run like garbage? it doesn't seem to hold idle anymore and when i throttle on it runs and then almost bogs out completely.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Hehe... nice job on the bike... 53 is really respectable too... I probably would have told the cop "well the ebay kit was advertised that it would make my bike go 35" then try to play it off like I didn't know the bike was going that fast...
anyway, really nice job on a bike that runs as good as it looks.

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
lol the cops all know me from these bikes i test them all on the same street so they really dont mess with me even though i dont have a drivers license lost it 28 yrs ago