I could use some encouragement!

GoldenMotor.com

Motojoe2492

Aug 18, 2014
Ellsworth, ME
Good news, everyone!

I recently was scoping free junk on my local facebook barter page and came across someone getting rid of a bunch of lawnmowers, weedeaters, and kids ATV's!

Someone had claimed them so I decided it wouldn't hurt to ask, so...

I messaged him to see if I could snag an engine and some parts from one of the wheelers and he said he wouldn't mind at all!

Now I think my project is going to be a good one! I will try to remember a camera while I am plucking parts, so I will have pictures by the weekend!
.wee.

lucajo16

Dec 12, 2013
cincinnati, ohio
In most states its illegal to have a side car for a motorized bicycle under 50cc. The 66 in some is considers a motorcycle. So you could build one. Its what I'll do for my next build...I'll be doing a lot for my 3rd build. My 2nd build will be a home made performance built engine. I'm buying a dremel and soldering iron to learn to wire and tune my engine. Next bike will be modded to accept an engine and I know some secret tricks to use a 12volt system and idk how I'll top this one.

boxcar

Dec 18, 2014
Astoria OR
Your crank bearings and bottom bracket seem very clean.
I hope that is because you cleaned them before the pic.
If not, well.............

boxcar

Dec 18, 2014
Astoria OR
ALL ( new to you ) bikes should be greased before riding , weather peddle or gas power'd.
That means all the bearings from the head stalk to the wheels.
And then every year there after.
Box store bikes need more attention than say a bicycle store bike.
As the bike store machine will have been assembled by a bicycle mechanic ( at least in a perfect world ).
Use a good quality high speed water proof grease.
The small diameter of these bicycle bearings means at 30mph thay are screaming....
Most have no mechanical seals . This leads to washing .
( Water and debris constantly contaminating the lube )
I will not run a bike without fenders for that very reason.
I know. Seems like an odd conclusion.
By keeping the spray down, it lessons the contamination. At least at the crank and rear wheel. Oh, and your pant legs.
Just make sure you have good fender stays or disaster of another kind can ensue....

Last edited: