Huffy Newport

GoldenMotor.com

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Has anyone ever heard of a Huffy Newport? I found one in the local pawn today. Looks good other than a slightly bent chain guard. I did not know Huffy had a cruiser like that, this thing has gears on the rear, hand brakes etc. Looks real sturdy. I looked them up and sure enough have one and they also make the Panama Jack. I have had a Cranbrook motorized now for two years and other than the coaster brake, no problems. He is asking 70.00 and I am going to start lower and see if I get a bite. Just was wondering what you guys thought of the bike. Thanks for reading . . . . . gphil

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
I thought someone would know these bikes. Put this on the incorrect thread I guess. I'll research the site in a search and see. Thanks gphil

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Did a little searching and found all information needed therefore posting was a mistake. Thanks anyway. Further response to this post not needed. gphil

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I have built one before. Went together easily and turned out great! Owner still riding it today. Just the usual Huffy issues like earwax in the hubs and crappy assembly.
Check carefully for cracks where the double tubes meet the seatpost.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I like the Newport since it has the V brakes, but like maniac said you will need to grease even ything real good and make sure everything is tight and adjusted right and that should make a nice bike.

Map

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Maniac 57 & Mapbike,

Thanks fellas for giving a response to my inquiry on the named bike. You know when I see something like that , I see parts like wheels, brakes , chains etc. not necessarily the whole. It just looked like to be made into a good motorized bike. Hear so much negative about the Huffy bike that I was asking. I have for instance always wanted to "Jack shaft" over and use the existing rear gears and shift and thought this is less costly way for a project. So thanks again and one day really going to put some top drawer parts on a quality frame and probably never ride it. lmao.