30oz. MSR in water bottle cage

GoldenMotor.com

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Get the Primus fuel bottle instead if you're planning on using it as a tank, the MSR caps are a pain. I use a 1L one in a water bottle cage with a nylon strap with clip holding it safe in my BMX.

Albula vulpes

Mar 16, 2010
FL
Wasn't planning on using it as a tank. Using it as a refill resivoir to fill the standard tank on the engine. If you look at them, they all look to be the same circumference, just taller than one another. Taller would work, but bigger circumference wouldn't fit in my water bottle cage. Anyone know if a 30 oz. MSR will fit in a standard water bottle cage? Thanks

Attachments

sublunacy

Sep 12, 2013
ontario
flaming cocktail when it comes off however. try apoligizing for it when it rolls under a vehicle. sorry bout the cocktail next of kin.... :) be sure to mount it well :)

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Yeah they'll fit a bottle cage, I have a couple I use for refilling tanks. The MSR's are good for filling tanks because they have small top openings compared to the Primus ones, which are easier to fill because of the larger opening and the better cap. The MSR ones are good for filling tanks with regular filler caps or into a Primus bottle but not the other way around, and the caps are a pain.

a_dam

Feb 21, 2009
Momence, IL
Don't mean to hijack your thread, but I just wanted to mention...

For refilling, I've been using the same 20oz soda bottle (mountain dew, I think) for at least the last 3 years. I wasn't sure if the plastic was gas-resistant, but it most certainly is. The only part that wasn't was the seal inside the cap. I was going to glue in a piece of cork, but it wasn't necessary - cap seals fine without it.

You probably want something nicer than a pop bottle, but I thought I would mention my experience for other cheap bass-turds like me.

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
AV,
I have (2) 30's & (4) 20's that I keep around but haven't used in awhile. I used to commute on the motorized bicycles but haven't been. They fit fine. I like to use two 8" velcro straps to secure the bottle in the cage by running the strap through the circular cap and around 2 points on the cage. Don't need to have one of these little bombs flying off my bike at ludicrous speed...lol
-Lowracer-

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
Ocean spray cranberry juice cocktail if ur runnnin the red oils, ir powerade blue mountain if you run blue oils...

But to fit in a cage,, id go with aluminum water bottle from dollar tree...
Hold like 24ozs...