first build! and my bro's...

GoldenMotor.com

duffmandied

Mar 9, 2011
nebraska
so me and my brother bought our kits about 6 months ago. and both failed miserably at putting them into our poorly chosen frames. my choice was an old 20 inch bmx bike, and his was a occ chopper frame.. i chopped mine and had a half block ride until the frame buckled, and he had major mounting issues. soo we're starting from scratch...

duffmandied

Mar 9, 2011
nebraska
this is all a long winded way to get my 3 posts out of the way so i can post pictures, which will be up later tonite if i am not too drunk =P

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. Sorry you had a tough build. It's much easier to build a steel mountain bike or beach cruiser.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
I agree, a standard steel MTB is the easiest, followed by a typical beach cruiser. Diamond-frame MTBs like older Giants, Hard Rock/Rockhoppers, etc are perhaps the easiest for a chinagirl, IMO. If you're using a good hub-mounted sprocket, you can do the install in an hour and tune it quickly.

duffmandied

Mar 9, 2011
nebraska
Thanks for the welcome. I actually did switch over to a wally world beach cruizer. It has been much easier. I woulda gone with a mountain bike but i have never been comfortable on them. My brother is stickin with his chopper frame. Im gonna post pics of both of ours until he gets his own account.

duffmandied

Mar 9, 2011
nebraska
the lack of useable pedals prevents me from getting it started in slippery weather... i actually run with the thing and drop the clutch to start it up..unfortunately. a single speed 26 inch rear with a freewheel is on my wishlist.

duffmandied

Mar 9, 2011
nebraska
THE PARTS: wally world cranbrook 26" frame, china girl 66cc 2smoker ordered from luckyearlybird on ebay, brakes stolen from my mom's bike.
THE Build: clutch lever broke so i made one out of a wrench, forgot to take a pic of it. couldn't get around the coaster brake with the sprocket, so i put the front wheel on the rear (effectively making the peddles useless) and cut the brake arm and removed the sprocket and brake shoes on the rear to put it on the front. i drilled holes in the air filter(cause i felt like it), and mounted a front pinch brake my mom's mountain bike, but the cable was too short so i mounted the lever halfway up the handlebars. oh yeah, and i put apes i stole from an old apple crate that was rotting in a junk pile on our land.

Attachments

beentryin

Apr 24, 2010
goshen,ohio
in order to get the sprocket on the rear coaster rim you need to take off the brake arm.the install the sprocket.then put brake arm back on,some time you'll have to bend the torque arm a little to get it to work

duffmandied

Mar 9, 2011
nebraska
been a while since i've been on here. to update, bought a rim with a freewheel but someone stole it before i got it on. my bro decided against that nightmare of a frame and is going with an old bike he picked up cheap. and my clutch pads are worn to the bone, so i ordered some new ones and am still waiting on them to come in.