Cafe Build.

GoldenMotor.com

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
You have good luck with bikes man! I say that you should spread the love and let someone else experience your good luck!

turkman

Nov 12, 2009
burbank,ca
I'm mid-way on a simler build and am looking for the same set of clipons for mine ,can you give me a vender for those?
Later Bob

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
O btw sorry slowbalt... That's a very nice ride you have put together.. Looks like fun and it's fast. I have a couple of fast bikes and it gets scary going that fast on a bike. Keep up the good work. Ccc

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
You have good luck with bikes man! I say that you should spread the love and let someone else experience your good luck!
Dam you Ls ,you cursed me. I had the bike running a bit lean tying to squeeze a few more mph out of it. Shortly after a car load of kids that were following me flagged me down to ask me a bought the bike. They let me know i was doing 55 down a 1 mi stretch. shortly after that one of the rings broke and pieces chewed up the cylinder crank and piston .New engine is in the male along with high presure low rolling resistance tires .
xct2

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Mine never did 55, but I lost my first HT that way. (exploding piston ring) There was no saving the top end, but I saved the bottom in hopes of re-equipping it, or using spares off it.

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
Aparently they don't like to do it for long.
And again, not that there was a "before", but AGAIN, "50"?! is there a shift kit on this bike, did I miss that? doing the math, with a 40 tooth sprocket them's some high RPM's. and obvi too high cause it blew. but wow--- I'm screamin' at 36mph hoping it doesn't blow apart. then again I'm 200lbs on an over sized beach cruiser. but still, that's just ludicrous to think of 50 with one gear!zpt

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
And again, not that there was a "before", but AGAIN, "50"?! is there a shift kit on this bike, did I miss that? doing the math, with a 40 tooth sprocket them's some high RPM's. and obvi too high cause it blew. but wow--- I'm screamin' at 36mph hoping it doesn't blow apart. then again I'm 200lbs on an over sized beach cruiser. but still, that's just ludicrous to think of 50 with one gear!zpt
I have a 30 tooth.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
I've got a 38 tooth on a 26" wheel, and mine starts much easier than the 44tooth. I'm taking a guess for fun that he has to get to about 15mph before it runs freely (natural idle speed), and it shows its muscle at 25mph-40, and the rest is just winding it up.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
I've got a 38 tooth on a 26" wheel, and mine starts much easier than the 44tooth. I'm taking a guess for fun that he has to get to about 15mph before it runs freely (natural idle speed), and it shows its muscle at 25mph-40, and the rest is just winding it up.
You would be correct sir.