The Scuffed Huffy

GoldenMotor.com

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
So my first build is up and running. Originally had it posted in the Cruiser section, but I don't think it really fits there anymore.

Here's the progress from the beginning.

stripped/painted/massaged

new tires

motor install started/layback seat post added

How she sits today

Next up, I need to add the Puch Hi Hi Compression head I have sitting on my work bench and do some more tuning on the carb. I also removed that crappy exhaust "hanger" from the bottom of the xchamber. Rigged a spring at the top that works/looks much better.

RebelHellbilly

Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury,North Carolina
shes looks bad ass!!:) imma kinda doing the board track style with mine..i was looking at how u did the saddle. how did ya git it slid back like that? the saddle i have on now iz sild back but not like urs. there a way to re-postion the clamp?

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Thanks man! Good ol' Home Depot helped with the lay back seat post! Some conduit, a 90 degree elbow and a bit of massaging with "gentle" persuasion made it fit in the seat tube. I scored a vintage Mesinger saddle, but it doesn't push down in the front over the bend as well as the 90's Vetta saddle does. It'll do for now! Like the effect, not sold on the solution. I'll get some close-up pics for ya.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Very very very nice.... i dont know if youd feel like removing the rear sprocket, but it would look even better with that painted that copper color you have used. I like it very much. Fantastic build!!!

RebelHellbilly

Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury,North Carolina
Thanks man! Good ol' Home Depot helped with the lay back seat post! Some conduit, a 90 degree elbow and a bit of massaging with "gentle" persuasion made it fit in the seat tube. I scored a vintage Mesinger saddle, but it doesn't push down in the front over the bend as well as the 90's Vetta saddle does. It'll do for now! Like the effect, not sold on the solution. I'll get some close-up pics for ya.
i hear ya:) i have thought about trying a freestyle bmx post the kind thats curved when i run across 1

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
That would work, but it's not going to lay straight back. It'll have a rise to it. Pirates has a seat post, but it never seems to be in stock. One could easily be welded up if you have the tools and correct pipe size.

GoGetHer

Apr 8, 2010
Lake Wedowee AL
Pirate has all of the layback seat post in stock now. Your build looks awesome. I LOVE the gold, and the style; doesn't even look like the same bike. You know ur makin me want to build bike # 5. Its gets kinda addicting.
zpt

brother john

Jun 25, 2011
Indy
I like this too flatblack looks really good but I'm not sure I could trust that joint with 220 lbs bouncing on it...not that I need them for anything but keeping my underwear from going up my crack but I like my bizzalls right where they are...I was thinking I would need like a mini leaf spring...