Gasbike.net $200.00 GT80 Engines

GoldenMotor.com

vatoed

May 28, 2016
Chicago, IL USA
So did you end up liking this engine more than some of the others you've tried? I put one on my brothers bike and it pulls nice even with the 36 tooth sprocket. I don't have an even comparison because it's the only bike we've put a 36t sprocket on but it is the fastest bike of the fleet so far. We are comparing it to 4 others, 2 grubee Skyhawks, a Flying Horse from BikeBerry and a Silver Slant from Gasbike.
I wish I had a Dax to add to my comparison but I can't justify another build right now. I have a couple bikes too many already

mike carter 2

Nov 23, 2011
west virgina
i realy like this kit i tore ingine down to port the piston and check inside it looked good inside i port matched the transfers useing the base gasket as a guide ported the piston modded a suziki rm 60 x chamber to fit the very best mod that i made PUT A CHAMBER ON IT and port the piston reed valves were designed to work with ported pistons cr machine sells one if you need bike went over 40 with 36 tooth cog but i lost the bottom end tork with the chamber gained at least 15 mph on top end pipe has a short header longer header would gain tork i would like to try a sbp chamber ive seen a lot of good things said about it i put a 40 tooth cog on it to get on the power band sooner worked great will still do over 30 and is a lot quicker

Sam90lx

Sep 29, 2015
Ventura CA
Mine is still a work in progress, with the SBP pipe and 40 tooth rear I am topping out around 25-26 mph according to a "speedometer" app on my iPhone. No tucking and I weigh 230. I ordered a 5.5 compression Fred Head and a new piston with a good size hole / window in it for the reed valve. I have run 1 tank of fuel thru it. Looks like I will have to throw more money at this engine as so far I am not very impressed. I have another bike with a BEKITS (Cheez) motor, billet head, speed carb, 40 tooth rear and basic expansion pipe and it is about 3 mph slower than the GasBike GT-80 which has all the "speed parts and porting"

Also vatoed, I have a DAX motor and it is a nice motor but no where near a "Hot Rod" engine. It has the Puch head from DAX, speed carb and basic expansion exhaust.

Last edited:

mike carter 2

Nov 23, 2011
west virgina
i also lapped the head down about a gsket and a half to raise compression removed the spacer from between the reed valve and the jug matched the intake with the jug with a dremmel and the same with the exaust i also ported the piston with a dremmel i realy dont think i made the hole big enough i also have run about 10 to 12 tanks of gas through it mabey you just need more break in time mine runs better every day i realy hope the you end up likeing this kit as much as i do please take this with a grain of salt as this is just my second build

Sam90lx

Sep 29, 2015
Ventura CA
i also lapped the head down about a gsket and a half to raise compression removed the spacer from between the reed valve and the jug matched the intake with the jug with a dremmel and the same with the exaust i also ported the piston with a dremmel i realy dont think i made the hole big enough i also have run about 10 to 12 tanks of gas through it mabey you just need more break in time mine runs better every day i realy hope the you end up likeing this kit as much as i do please take this with a grain of salt as this is just my second build
You are probably right, I need to get more tanks run through it.

Sam90lx

Sep 29, 2015
Ventura CA
Well, eBay seller sent a type A piston so.....
My buddy took the dremel to the stock piston from the GT 80 kit ( which boggles my mind why gas bikes would send a untouched piston with a motor running a reed valve) and cut a relief window in it. He has basically the same setup and his motor is running very strong.

Jared Yates

Aug 12, 2018
Well, eBay seller sent a type A piston so.....
My buddy took the dremel to the stock piston from the GT 80 kit ( which boggles my mind why gas bikes would send a untouched piston with a motor running a reed valve) and cut a relief window in it. He has basically the same setup and his motor is running very strong.
You do not need a window piston if you have a 3rd transfer like the gt80. The gt80 does not need a window piston