Triple Tree Fito forks

GoldenMotor.com

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Amazon has Fito triple tree forks for $49 shipped. They have scratches and it says they touched them up. So that to means they are black. But add say chrome and I don't know how they touch up chrome..lol Either way for $50 shipped is a good deal. They aredance11 1/8 threadless with disc mount.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Pfftttt.
The Fito forks are just a couple of steel tubes between 2 aluminum headset parts.
Yes it has a disc brake boss but no V brake bosses and hard as a rock.

Hey, I'll take it on a $300 bike with dual discs, but get yourself some shock forks to get something out of it.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Pfftttt......V-brake bosses? laff
Ya, V-brake bosses for the guys that can't really afford $50 for the fork let alone another $100+ for a disc caliper, rotor, and a front wheel that will take a rotor.

A cheap V-brake option is better than no front brake and you just watch how many you see with no brakes.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Well they sent me 1" threadless
Even after I talked to them to make sure it was a 1 1/8 thread less.....oh well back they go..

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Here is a new Fito with the forks.

It's a $350 bike because the front fork is where they took the shortcut it looks like to me because this is a lot of bike for the money.

I think the triple tree that serves no purpose other than 'look cool' fork like this straight no shock absorption thing is the worst thing you want to 'upgrade' to.

If I wasn't tinkering with making the top bar a tank before installing a shift kit I would toss the extra $80 for a new single stem real shock fork like the ones I put on these beach cruisers...

But if you simply MUST have triple trees, get some shock ones.

Those have disc and V brake mounts and a 'better that nothing' spring shock absorption and half again sturdier than the Fito Tree.

Hope that helps.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Why do you hate these forks so much? I'm didn't post looking for a comfy fork..I posted a good deal on some forks.They are strong rigid forks that look great on bikes. They will even make a cheap kit built bike look good.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Why do you hate these forks so much? I'm didn't post looking for a comfy fork..I posted a good deal on some forks.They are strong rigid forks that look great on bikes. They will even make a cheap kit built bike look good.
I definitely must say I am with you on that one MotoMagz....the Fito fork looks way better than any of those front sprung Kookie Cutter bikes for sure! Seriously, and a very good buy in my opinion as well.

dnut

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
That sucks you ordered 1 1/8" threadless and they sent you the 1" threadless. That is kind of why I asked when I saw the measurements on one of their pics....

Hope they get it squared away for you.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Why do you hate these forks so much?
I don't 'hate' the Fito forks, and they do have a disc brake boss, but I have been looking at this actual FiTo bike all week and wouldn't buy them even at $50 delivered is all.

Again, as mentioned, if you are going to spring for disc brakes good for you, if not it's a silly waste to me.