Question about retailer

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I can't tell you anything about the quality of the bike or the installation but $350.00 for a brand new, running motorized bicycle is cheap, cheap, cheap. Of course shipping costs will have to be factored in, unless you live near enough to pick it up yourself.

Tom

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
That is amazingly cheap for a complete bike. Did notice it has no engine drive chain installed yet and the fenders look like they have yet to be reenforced. Really, really important that the fenders be or removed. Is great to see front brakes on a pre-built!

Other then that and from the pictures, looks like a great deal.

One thing about building your own is you are more accustomed to it and know when some thing doesn't feel or sound right. Normally some thing rattling lose. Motorized bicycles are different from buying a motorcycle or moped in that they require a lot of tinkering and rechecking.

Best of luck!

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Wow, that's Very Very cheap for a pre built bike, AND they're offering free shipping as well as a free front disc brake upgrade if you pre order... It looks like you need to install the engine and the chain but the rest of the work is done for you, but that price is going to be Very hard to beat...
I do agree however that it should be looked over really good before riding on it, but for that price it's hard to go wrong...

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I'm skeptical at that price. Sounds too good to be true!
But if it's legit, it looks like an exceptional bargain.
As with ANY build from someone else, I'd go over the bearings and such before starting.

Bzura

Mar 8, 2014
PA
As maniac57 stated, if it looks too good to be true...

I went ahead and placed an order for a kit because their payment is processed through paypal & I figured I have nothing to lose if the place is bunk. A couple of hours later I got an email from a Zach stating they are out of stock. So I probed a bit, and they couldn't even sell me an engine kit because they don't have those either. He asked if I would like to wait a few weeks or if I want my money returned.laff

I'm still waiting for my money to show back up in my account. I hope I don't have to waste time & have to call paypal tomorrow.

Oh well, it was worth a shot.