Have You Ever Heard This Crap From Gasbike.net?

GoldenMotor.com

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Oh, and what are these PINS everyone is talking about ? the ones that I will break if Im not careful ? can anyone post a pic ?

how should I orient the piston ring gaps ? just opposite one another ?
The ring gaps gotta be where the ring pins are.......
If you install the piston with them anywhere else you will break your rings.

You have the piston so why would you need a pic? :)

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
My current problem is with the sprocket and rag joint. the holes in the sprocket do NOT line up with the holes in the split metal rings.
My sprocket had a slight warp so I didn't try the new rag joint and just grabbed a sprocket kit from stock so I don't know.
I'm installing this on a genesis astra which has 48 spokes.
that was silly, all these rag joint sprockets are designed for 36 spokes but at least you devised a fix, good for you bud ;-}
So, the arrow on the piston goes toward the exhaust, I'm told. can anyone tell me what the head bolts should be torqued to ?
Oh, and what are these PINS everyone is talking about ? the ones that I will break if Im not careful ? can anyone post a pic ?
The arrow is lame, it is at the back of the piston and points to front opposed to just being in the front towards the exhaust.

The 2 two ring pins are just behind it about 10 deg left and right of center.
The rings should be right, with the bevel facing up so you can see the piston pins.

Just get your piston in and don't forget the needle bearing, then just line up the top ring to slot and the the jug over it, then align the lower ring and slid it down of that.

DO NOT tap or force it, just lightly jiggle work it as the jug itself has a bevel to compress the rings for you as you slide it down

Sorry but I just don't have time to go into more,, I am swamped here.