I want one of THESE!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Wild Bill

Jan 29, 2013
Camarillo So. Cal.
I looked into these before I built my first bike, they are around $4k. But it did influence me to go for that look and full suspension. They also kinda blur the line between bicycle and motorcycle and not really a motorized bicycle since its not a converted bicycle. They sure are trick though!!!!!

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
From what I understand, they sell you a Motoped frame and motor. One version of the frame allows you to pedal like a bicycle and the other has foot pegs instead. You add suspension, wheels and there other parts from a downhill mountain bike. They are unique, but can cost as much as a good 250cc motorcycles.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
you can get whole thing at pirate cycles
The Motopeds are selling for $3,999.00 at pirates.

This Kickstarter program is bringing the cost down to only $970
if you pick it up in the Bay area and the price only goes up to $1070
for international shipping.

ShuttleBuddy has something to do with Motopeds. They raced a 50cc
5 speed Motoped at one of the Socal Motor Bicycle Racing events at
Grange Motor Circuit.
I got to ride it but had a hard time changing gears so I parked it after a
couple of laps.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
If they can get it down to under a thousand bucks they might be onto something.

But that also give me nightmarish visions of young hot-heads tearing up the streets and bringing a crackdown on motorized bicycles.

I don't know whether to wish them good luck or not.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
In reality you can stick a bottom bracket on anything and call it a "moped" lol

The problem with law enforcement is that they operate on assumptions and first impressions so you might have fun with a dirtbike looking thing explaining its not a dirtbike without a green tag being ridden on the roadway. The fairings do really mess them up and they will pull you over and ask questions, I've been told mine are "pocketbikes" until explaining then they are ok with it.

Last edited:

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
That thing is cool. But I wouldn't buy it.

Looked at Pirate though and I would buy the Sachs Madass. For half the price and twice the performance. That thing is cooler - :)