2 min. and 100 ft

GoldenMotor.com

bumleg

Nov 8, 2008
nova scotia
Did you wipe the cylinder out and crank it a bunch with the head off - you probably have a ton of excess fuel in the crank chamber.....if you have spark at the right time, compression, and fuel delivery it should fire off if it's not drowning....
first off thanks guys for all your support...
i did clean it out while apart ,and still no go.
i tried all the ideas to no avail.....
so for ****s and giggles i reversed the cdi wires .
i immediately had faint signs of life;)
so i pulled of the mag cover to see if i sheared off a key ..
nope it was good ,so for ****s and giggles i put the mag back on backwards and it will run ( with cdi wires in correct position) but barely enough to pull me along, and if you try to push it it only backfires.
i tried all comboes i could think of , but it is still gutless.
it is out of time and no way of correcting i assume.
i think my keyway is cut in the wrong spot , either on the mag or the crank:(

is there any pics on file here that i can compare ?

bumleg

Nov 8, 2008
nova scotia
good ?
i only ran it part throttle before so i dont know how well it worked.
so would a cdi act like that if it was dying?
and if so this was D.O.A imho.
so i may have to get in contact with my seller to see if they will do anything for me rotfl

i will wait till my other kit gets here , so i can try the new CDI and hopefully that is it.

Last edited:

xPosTech

The Old Master Motorized Bicycle Builder
Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
Lets see . . . you were cutting donuts in your driveway (breaking it in gentle like) and it quit :eek: after less than three minutes. DOA?

I would rethink my logic.

And replace the plug wire. :)

Or the CDI itself.

Ted

bumleg

Nov 8, 2008
nova scotia
Lets see . . . you were cutting donuts in your driveway (breaking it in gentle like) and it quit :eek: after less than three minutes. DOA?

Or the CDI itself.

Ted
i believe i posted 2 min.
and that would take it all.
and yes that is DOA

xPosTech

Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
Uh oh. Just saw that you were already thinking CDI. In the meantime, the plug wire just unscrews from the CDI. Use about any good plug wire and boot. Just screw it in.

Ted

Xcel

Jul 20, 2008

Or the CDI itself.

Ted
He said doing figure 8's...thats an entirely different thing than donuts, it could definitely be DOA if it ran half assed for 2 minutes and stopped...sounds like you may have an ignition problem.

After dealing with obvious potential problems I would call my vendor.

(uhh...you did mix oil with your gas right? :))

Last edited:

bumleg

Nov 8, 2008
nova scotia
nope used straight nav. gas with octane boost and a shot of methyl hydrate and a fistfull of mothballs rotfl

lol yup mixed fuel , and the cylinder looks brand new... cause it is.

xPosTech

Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
He did say figure 8's. Not cutting donuts. I got entirely the wrong impression.

My apologies, bumleg. :oops:

Did you try another plug wire?

Ted

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
I think you have proven that the ignition is the problem. It is interesting that you could get the engine to run at all with the wires and the rotor inverted. One of the things on these little engines that is maddening is when you have compression, spark and fuel. That is the triangle correct! it will run. Not so my friend, spark out in the open is not the same in compression. There have been a few of the coil boxes bad straight away, I think as you move the timing with the flipping of the rotor, you are putting the spark in a place that is not under as much compression and that is how it is then at least starting.
One thing that has happened to me also is that the engine floods out easily, (usually after standing for a while) and then with a crankcase full of fuel it tries your patience. I have put the throttle wide open and given it quit a bit of puff to get it to fire, it blows fuel all over the rear wheel and takes a block to clear. Keep us posted, but it sounds like the coil. Have fun, Dave

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
I Remember The Spark Plug Testers Every Gas Station Had Years Ago. You Hooked Up The Air Hose And Turned Up The Air Pressure Until Spark Plug Quit Firing. New Plugs Would Misfire Also When Air Pressure (compression) Was High Enough. Weak Cdi May Be The Cause. Hang In There!! It`s A Test!!.bf. RON

bumleg

Nov 8, 2008
nova scotia
I Remember The Spark Plug Testers Every Gas Station Had Years Ago. You Hooked Up The Air Hose And Turned Up The Air Pressure Until Spark Plug Quit Firing. New Plugs Would Misfire Also When Air Pressure (compression) Was High Enough. Weak Cdi May Be The Cause. Hang In There!! It`s A Test!!.bf. RON
hey i remember those too....
we use to hook it up to the bathroom door
when one of the guys went for a piss.
when the door knob wiggled we hit the buttondance1
great for a laugh if you were outside the can lol

Last edited:

bumleg

Nov 8, 2008
nova scotia
I think you have proven that the ignition is the problem. It is interesting that you could get the engine to run at all with the wires and the rotor inverted. One of the things on these little engines that is maddening is when you have compression, spark and fuel. That is the triangle correct! it will run. Not so my friend, spark out in the open is not the same in compression. There have been a few of the coil boxes bad straight away, I think as you move the timing with the flipping of the rotor, you are putting the spark in a place that is not under as much compression and that is how it is then at least starting.
One thing that has happened to me also is that the engine floods out easily, (usually after standing for a while) and then with a crankcase full of fuel it tries your patience. I have put the throttle wide open and given it quit a bit of puff to get it to fire, it blows fuel all over the rear wheel and takes a block to clear. Keep us posted, but it sounds like the coil. Have fun, Dave

i hope you are correct.... when i get my new kit im gonna switch cdi's and hopefully :ride2:

bumleg

Nov 8, 2008
nova scotia
He did say figure 8's. Not cutting donuts. I got entirely the wrong impression.

My apologies, bumleg. :oops:

Did you try another plug wire?

Ted
no i did not...
i did not see any leakage peddling in the dark,
or maybe i wont i dunno..
tomorrow i will go next door to the junkyard and get a wire and try it.

i tried her again today and it instantly springs to life
just no power or speed.
( that is with the magnet reversed)

Last edited:

bumleg

Nov 8, 2008
nova scotia
i received an email today from my vendor

zoombicycles.com

and they were more than helpfull .
they agreed that once i try my new cdi from my next kit
and it proves to be my problem they will send a new cdi out to me right away.
i cant ask for more than that ...no haggling no begging (^)

their kits come with a 30 day guarantee:D

kits were purchased from powermotorsports.com

thanks for all your help guys
i will keep you posted of my findings:ride2: