Hello from Hawaii

GoldenMotor.com

elms810

Jun 19, 2013
Maui, Hawaii. USA
Greetings everyone!!! I've just built my first motorized bike only because I saw an ad for an 80cc engine kit new in the box on craigslist for $150 and at the same time aquired a free older Nishiki mountain bike. Slapped the two together successfully and now cruisin all over town. I'm hooked!!! brnot

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Aloha!

Can you make it up to Iao Valley Park?

It was an awesomw ride coasting downhill, as a 12yo. I was born and raised on Maui.

Welcome to the club.

elms810

Jun 19, 2013
Maui, Hawaii. USA
Alohas 5-7Heaven...yes, my bike easily rides to Iao Valley. Rode there twice :) I've hit 37mph top speed bone stock. I've only added a dual boost bottles since...same top speed but better acceleration and smoother running. Coming back to Maui anytime soon? \m/ shaka!!!

elms810

Jun 19, 2013
Maui, Hawaii. USA
Welcome! :)
We are jealous cause you have the most beautiful place and weather to ride your bike.

Please post lots of pics!
Thanks MBR!!! Not so many motor bicycles here on the island...I haven't seen not one yet!!! However I've heard of a couple motorbikes. And I've yet to get pulled over by a cop, lol. Been motoing for almost a month now...engine running excellent! Think it's a "Flying Horse" (black) according to photos on the web. Came with the chrome ended grips which I don't see with other kits.
Ok, then WE are jealous cause you have all the performance parts and services right down the street and racing events. Hehe

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Alohas 5-7Heaven...yes, my bike easily rides to Iao Valley. Rode there twice :) I've hit 37mph top speed bone stock. I've only added a dual boost bottles since...same top speed but better acceleration and smoother running. Coming back to Maui anytime soon? \m/ shaka!!!
I'd love to bring my motorized bike to Maui and cruise to all the spots we hung out at, like Kepaniwai Park, Happy Valley river by the "flume", Waile Pond(we used to call it Volley Pond).

Places that took us hours to get to, a motorized bike can get there within an hour.

And then there's that ride from Kahului to Wailuku, past Baldwin High. Fun ride to Kahului, bustass riding back up.:-||

elms810

Jun 19, 2013
Maui, Hawaii. USA
I'd love to bring my motorized bike to Maui and cruise to all the spots we hung out at, like Kepaniwai Park, Happy Valley river by the "flume", Waile Pond(we used to call it Volley Pond).

Places that took us hours to get to, a motorized bike can get there within an hour.

And then there's that ride from Kahului to Wailuku, past Baldwin High. Fun ride to Kahului, bustass riding back up.:-||
Whoa! How long has it been since you been to Maui? Can't ride in the Volley Pond area anymore...it's been turned into an industrial area along with new subdivisions. (I used to ride MX alot there). Same with Happy Valley...there's homes all along that flume all the way up to the foot of the mountains (I'm talking about the other side of the Iao Stream. As you're heading to the "Y" at Wailuku Heights to go to Iao Valley you can see the homes on the other side of the valley. Big changes with more places to ride around hahaha!!! Hurry back brah!!! dnut

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Tell me Kamani Forest is still there (directly above the cemetery at the end of Vineyard St.) Just like the Hawaiian song, "We used to poke o'opu in the mountain stream".

elms810

Jun 19, 2013
Maui, Hawaii. USA
Tell me Kamani Forest is still there (directly above the cemetery at the end of Vineyard St.) Just like the Hawaiian song, "We used to poke o'opu in the mountain stream".
The cemetery and whatever's back there is still there and still the same. It's on the other side of the stream (valley) that's been developed. It's called Wailuku Country Estates. Used to be sugar cane fields but not anymore.
"On the Koolau hills we ride on horseback" :)

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Mrs. Smith lived before the cemetery. Beyond the forest were the Mahis. Teruyas and Duartes.

Back in my time.dance1

Please post pictures wherever you ride, my friend.

Homesick.

elms810

Jun 19, 2013
Maui, Hawaii. USA
Mrs. Smith lived before the cemetery. Beyond the forest were the Mahis. Teruyas and Duartes.

Back in my time.dance1

Please post pictures wherever you ride, my friend.

Homesick.
Those names does sound familiar. I come from way back too. I've raced Maui's first ever BMX races at the old fairgrounds back in the day when they had motocross races every other Sunday in the middle of the horse track. I always placed 1st all the time btw lol. Then I switched to minicycles. :)
brnot

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Those names does sound familiar. I come from way back too. I've raced Maui's first ever BMX races at the old fairgrounds back in the day when they had motocross races every other Sunday in the middle of the horse track. I always placed 1st all the time btw lol. Then I switched to minicycles. :)
brnot
Dave, is that you?