@Piratecycles

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

obesepolice

Apr 5, 2012
irving, texas
all im saying is that I have ordered several parts from them, received them promptly and had no issues so far. I like pirate cycles, but then again I always know exactly what I am buying.

Highwaystar

Jan 22, 2012
Indiana
It is awesome some of you guess get great service from them. It is also pretty sad that not everyone gets that kind of service (whether or not they know what they are ordering). Maybe if they would answer their phone and Emails the customers could be pointed to the correct parts. I would love to see DDM start carrying motorized bicycle parts and accessories. Their service and shipping is second to none.

Mar 31, 2013
RI
What a bunch of whiners.
how exactly does your post move this discussion in a positive direction?

...did it ever occur to you that some of these people might have a righteous bytch and that Pirate Cycles really has lost it's way when it comes to customer service?

...who are you to judge?

bozo

Master-shake

Feb 24, 2013
texas
There's plenty of other vendors that sell as good or better products and kits than pirates
I don't know about this claim right here when it comes to chain tensioners. If they are as well machined as those sprockets then they got something better than the competition. I may have ordered the wrong sprocket and all, but damn that was a pretty part. I never got a response about a return or trade for chain tensioner though, tisk tisk.

My main point being, they DO have some very sexy upgrades. That (as far as I can tell) cannot be found elsewhere.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
how exactly does your post move this discussion in a positive direction?

bozo
This kind of thread can't be moved in a positive direction Bozo. The problem is inexperienced, and impatient noobs that don't know what they're doing, trying to pass the blame for their own mistakes on to someone else.

I've ordered enough stuff from Pirate in the last 2 1/2 years, to know there's no problem on their end.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2013
RI
This kind of thread can't be moved in a positive direction Bozo. The problem is inexperienced, and impatient noobs that don't know what they're doing, trying to pass the blame for their own mistakes on to someone else.

I've ordered enough stuff from Pirate in the last 2 1/2 years, to know there's no problem on their end.
just because you have a long standing relationship with the guys at Pirate Cycles and therefore don't have any difficulties with your orders doesn't invalidate the complaints of those of us who do NOT have long standing relationships and therefore end up dealing with much frustration after repeated and pointless attempts to reach them by phone and with e-mails that go unanswered.

...and we're not talking about 'mistakes' so your assumptions prove nothing and are insulting to those with legitimate complaints that others have a right to know about so they don't end up suffering the same bs.

...like i've said before, i have nothing against Pirate Cycles and if someone lives close enough to the shop to physically go there then they will almost certainly walk away happy.

...but anyone considering an online purchase from Pirate Cycles, a first purchase, should know going in that they may spend weeks trying to reach them by phone or e-mail.

bozo

btw, if you are a friend of Pirate Cycles you might consider that your condescending posts only serve to keep this thread going and you'd be a better friend if you just let threads like this die a natural death rather than injecting yourself and belittling other members who MAY have legitimate complaints.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
their customer service sucks dude, despite your protestations.

and customer service is a matter of respect homey, ...something you sorely lack.

...respecting ones customers is how one grows a business, Pirate Cycles should try and understand that basic law of business.
Try and find one single motor bicycle vender that has less complaints. You can't.

oldtimer54

May 15, 2010
On a bike
I don't start calling, and sending emails 2 seconds after placing the order wanting to know where my parts are either.
2 seconds really? No one here has done this. Getting a little out there are we? Think maybe its time to back off? (way off)

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Do a search. They have plenty of complaints.
First you say find a single motor bicycle vender that has less complaints. You can't.

The fact is that Piston Bikes has way less complaints than Pirate.

Then you change your statement to that they have complaints, lol
of course all vendors have complaints but I haven't seen any recent
complaints about Piston Bikes and if you have a problem with them
it is very easy to get Rob, Gregg or the new guy on the phone to
resolve any issue or ask a question before you buy.

oldtimer54

May 15, 2010
On a bike
their customer service sucks dude, despite your protestations.

and customer service is a matter of respect homey, ...something you sorely lack.

...respecting ones customers is how one grows a business, Pirate Cycles should try and understand that basic law of business.
Don't waste your time on this one Bozo he has no respect just report his posts.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
2 seconds really? No one here has done this. Getting a little out there are we?
LOL, you'd be surprised, so don't bet on it.

What happens is someone hits the button for a part. Realizes 2 seconds later he ordered the wrong part, and then tries calling on the phone, gets no answer, then sends an email, gets no instant answer. At this point he decides to start a thread about how the vender is a crook ripping him off, when in fact it's his fault in the first place for ordering the wrong part. And on top of that the part probably only cost $12 lol.

oldtimer54

May 15, 2010
On a bike
LOL, you'd be surprised, so don't bet on it.

What happens is someone hits the button for a part. Realizes 2 seconds later he ordered the wrong part, and then tries calling on the phone, gets no answer, then sends an email, gets no instant answer. At this point he decides to start a thread about how the vender is a crook ripping him off, when in fact it's his fault in the first place for ordering the wrong part. And on top of that the part probably only cost $12 lol.
Dude NO ONE HERE IN THIS THREAD HAS DONE THIS? Get a grip and get off your trip.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Does anyone disagree that this one has run the course? It's going nowhere but downhill.
The vendor in question has friends and enemies. That will probably never change and is the same for every vendor/supplier out there. Some have good luck, others, not so good.
Why sit here and argue the point?
Quoting George Burns, "Say good night, Gracie"

Status
Not open for further replies.