Nice 4-stroke Parts

GoldenMotor.com
May 9, 2012
Jackson, TN
Due to some unfotunate life circumstances, I'm selling my almost new (I've put under 10 hours on it) motorized bike. It's a Schwinn Clairmont frame, but has had basically EVERYTHING upgraded. Here's the build thread: http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=40326

I've decided to part out my bike instead of sell it, so here's the list of parts with prices (make an offer if you think I'm asking too much for something...pics on request, first come first served!) [All prices don't include shipping].

Items in bold are still available. If anything is still on the list but not bold, it means someone has already claimed it, but I haven't shipped it out yet.

Schwinn Clairmont Frame (black) - Original price: $150, my price: $75 (There may be slight rust in places).

Kings 62T sprocket + Top hat adapter - Original price: $97, my price $70.

All hardware upgraded (Either grade 8 or the Metric equivalent) - Original price: $40ish, my price $25 (there may be slight rust on some of the bolts...I'll send pics if you want)

Planet Bike fenders - Original price: $35, my price: $10 (I had to cut them to make the chain clear them, and it's not the cleanest cut).

Specialized Armadillo Hemisphere Tires - Original price: $45 each, my price: $25 each.

Avenir Thorn Resistant Inner Tubes (one is now a Bell Thorn Resistant Tube) - Original price: $9 each, my price: $2 each.

Teny Mag Rims - Original price: $120 each, my price: $90 each. (These have lifetime warrenties. If you ever needed them replaced you can contact me, and I'll get in touch with the seller).

**note** If you buy the tire+innertube+rim you can have them for $100 each

Phantom Bike Chain Tensioner - Original price: $35, my price: $25

Planet Bike head and tail lights - Original price: around $30 (not sure what model they are off-hand), my price: $20

Wide Pedal Crank - This was actually the original that I bent out, so it's actually bent, but you can still pedal with it. You can have it for $10.

Cloud 9 contoured seat - Original price: $27, my price: $15.
Speedometer - Not sure what I payed for it. My price: $5.
Dual-arm heavy duty kickstand - Original price: $23, my price: $15
Drainzit - Original price: $20, my price: $15 (never used).
SBP Throttle and Grips - Original price: $32, my price: $15

Post here or PM me if interested. I'm in Jackson, TN.

Last edited:

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Re: Nice 4-stroke bike - $2,500

It is very hard to get $2,500 for a motorbike and I am not trying to be a jerk.For that kinda of money it would have a custom frame,custom tank and many custom parts.I know you have alot of good parts on the bike and you might consider parting it out if this doesn't work.Best of luck put up some pictures!!

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york

i hope you can find a person to buy that bike but to get that kind of money back out of it you are most likely going to have to part it out if i had the money 2 weeks ago i could have bought a gorgeous whizzer clone for $650 most of these bikes resell at maybe half of what you have in it

May 9, 2012
Jackson, TN

Yeah, y'all are right...I guess $2,500 is alot. I'm gonna lower the price to $2,000. (And if someone will buy it in the next few days, I'll sell it for $1,800 firm. I just found a car for alot cheaper than I thought I would.)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Thats a shame Pilot, you were so happy with her. Hope you're OK. "Due to some unfotunate life circumstances"

May 9, 2012
Jackson, TN

Yeah I'm ok. I guess it's more just unfortunate as far as motorbycicling goes...I believe my girlfriend (hopefully eventually to be my fiance) is gonna moving alot closer, and I can't drive both of us around on a bike lol

Slow RIde

Aug 18, 2012
The U.S.A.

Dude, you could of bought two brand new scooters or mopeds for the money in that Schwinn

Sorry to hear about this loss for you

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Yeah I'm ok. I guess it's more just unfortunate as far as motorbycicling goes...I believe my girlfriend (hopefully eventually to be my fiance) is gonna moving alot closer, and I can't drive both of us around on a bike lol

LOL Ya dingus! I was all sorts of worried you had a medical thing or family emergency, some thing. scared me.

So cool about your GF/soon to hopefully be, moving closer. Love really is grand. Carol and I are going on 25 yrs and I love her more now then ever. She on the other hand is still waiting to see if she can do better. snork.

Have you considered a tandem? (was funny in my head)

Is such a cool bike, have you tried selling her on clist or any thing?

May 9, 2012
Jackson, TN

Lol! I actually made the suggestion of a tandem...she gave me "that look" and I knew it was a no-go ;) lol! And yeah I've got an ad up now...hopefully something comes of it :)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Lol! I actually made the suggestion of a tandem...she gave me "that look" and I knew it was a no-go ;) lol! And yeah I've got an ad up now...hopefully something comes of it :)

Har, LOL. You might be a MBer.

Now I got a vid in my head of you two leaving after your wedding on a tandem MB. Cans clanging on the road. Her gown train flapping in the wind. Sign on the back on a milk crate "Just married"....

Maybe a side car?

May 9, 2012
Jackson, TN

LOL!!! That's an awesome mental picture!! ;)

And actually...I read the entire sidecar thread as well...and even found an attachable second seat thing. She still said no. Lol!

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA

Dont go any lower......unless you are hurting for cash bad. Its tough to sell these bikes without a loss unless you start from scratch with the intention of selling it and weighi g every partscost with"will i be able to get my investment and a little bit more back

May 9, 2012
Jackson, TN

Yeah, I know I can't get my investment back, but I rode it for several months and what it saved me on insurance, gas, and oil from a car offsets the price reduction :)

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Re: Nice 4-stroke bike - $1,000

Nice looking bike. Sorry I can't take it off your hands but just a thought, what about parting it out? Would it be easier to sell the components than the bike?