Hey From Charlotte!

GoldenMotor.com

weegenc

Sep 18, 2010
Charlotte nc
Hi, My name is mike. I am kind of addicted to the forums. I always have to read through them to find out what kind of problems I’m having. I’m around 20 hours into the project. I have a grubee Skyhawk motor on a huffy cruiser bike. I have had a ton of problems to start off with. Building the bike from the ground up with bad instructions kicked it off. Once I got past that the engine wasn’t getting enough gas. Then once I got past that the carb kept getting flooded. Then once I got past that the tensioner almost killed the spokes on my bike including me. Currently I’m still working on that and employed the rollerblade wheel to fix the crappy stock one give. Now I’m only working on keeping the chain from falling off and throwing me off the bike. Once I fix that and play around with how slow its going then I should have a good bike lol. Once I’m complete I’m going to through up some pictures on that part of the forum and hopefully help some people out and god forbid be helped out. Pray it doesn’t get stolen for me zpt. UNCC is a rough place sometimes. Lol, thanks guys!

:-|| usflg xct2

^love those things :-D

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. The chain is a real pain on these things sometimes. Once you get it aligned and adjusted right, it will give no more problems if you just keep the tensioner tight.
Don't overtighten the chain, or you will wear out the bearing behind the drive sprocket.

Last edited:

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Welcome,Mike.Look at it this way,your learning to diagnose problems,fix them and prevent future ones!
I've built 4 motorized Huffy cruisers and they are not "in my oppinion" the best bikes to motorize.
Many have issues with the coaster brakes.The welds are not good.They are about the cheapest of the cheap bikes.
Just holler if you need advice!I'll give you mine if I think I can help,use it if it makes sense to you.Kip.

weegenc

Sep 18, 2010
Charlotte nc
I get granted access to the machiene shop next semester so of anything breaks I hope its after christmas. Thanks for the comments. Video hopefully should be coming soon!