GoldenMotor.com

corndog67

Sep 5, 2010
Santa Maria, CA
Ok, last week in Santa Barbara, I saw a motorized bicycle going down State Street. I caught up with the guy and I thought it looked pretty cool, something fun to ride. It said Thrasher on the tank, I'll see if I can find a picture that I took of it, maybe tomorrow I'll post it up. I just might have to either build one or buy one.

So, I'm a machinist in Central CA, Santa Maria to be exact. I work for a Drag Race oriented machine shop. I've also got a mill, lathe and a Tig welder in my garage, trying to be self sufficient. I've been riding motorcycles for about 38 years. I'm kind of obsessive/compulsive about motorcycles, and now this bicycle thing pops up. We shall see where it leads to. Right now, I've got a YZ450F dirtbike, a Ducati and a Kawasaki KZ1000 I just bought last week for a project. And knowing myself, probably a motorized bicycle project in the near future.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome to the forum corndog67, glad you joined us.

Thrasher on the gas tank, I believe he might be a member here but don't remember who he is. I know there is a bike here with "thrasher" on the tank.Maybe another member will know.

Sep 1, 2010
Cincinnati,Ohio
Re: New Member / looking for Thrasher

xct2Hey corndog welcome to the forum! I'm a newbie also, I think i found the bike you seen in Santa Barbra ,,, Take a look in the pictures section of the forum,, should be page 3 Titled "July 3rd Beach cruise" I seen a silver looking bike with Thrasher on it could this be the one? I thought it said Jeff's Dyno above the picture.. over & out Dirtyoldcrusier

corndog67

Sep 5, 2010
Santa Maria, CA
Hey, that's the bike. Any idea what model that is? Is it home built? I could port it, bore the carburetor out, face the cylinder head off for more compression, and make it hard to start and eat spark plugs, and be real sensitive to jetting, just like my old dirt bikes! Or stick an 80cc two stroke out of a dirtbike on it, and have just way too much power.

Anyway, thanks, much appreciated.