To go BIG...or not that big?

GoldenMotor.com

Mo'Beffah

Mar 17, 2010
Hawaii
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i165/tcates808/1268978609.jpg
got a 66cc grubee starfire coming. Blacked out. Hopefully it'll fit this bike. That crossbar might get in the way. Then if it does fit I dont know if I'm gonna go big. Like shift kit. which shift kit? SBP or Dax's? It's got a 3-speed shimano internal hub gear system so it might be worth it. If that doesn't break. Well see. Thanks for all the help already. Any guesses on if that kit will fit in the bottom of this frame? if the engine doesn't fit I'm definately going big cause my brother has a sick full suspension mountain bike with choke gears that I could buy off him. That would def be worth the shift kit. But this is my cruiser. Ridden it for some years and it's just asking for a motor. If it does fit.....it's gonna look smooth. Thanks.

Last edited:

yamahonkawazuki

Mar 17, 2010
Clinton Tn
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i165/tcates808/1268978609.jpg
got a 66cc grubee starfire coming. Blacked out. Hopefully it'll fit this bike. That crossbar might get in the way. Then if it does fit I dont know if I'm gonna go big. Like shift kit. which shift kit? SBP or Dax's? It's got a 3-speed shimano internal hub gear system so it might be worth it. If that doesn't break. Well see. Thanks for all the help already. Any guesses on if that kit will fit in the bottom of this frame? if the engine doesn't fit I'm definately going big cause my brother has a sick full suspension mountain bike with choke gears that I could buy off him. That would def be worth the shift kit. But this is my cruiser. Ridden it for some years and it's just asking for a motor. If it does fit.....it's gonna look smooth. Thanks.
Hmm that crossbar, looks as though it WIL interfere., can you weld, or know anyoen who can?, and come up wiht an alternative, for that bar?. looks as though anythig mounted in there. will hit the bar. i could be wrong, BUT that how it look sto me

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
There's got to be a welder in town ,and he might be excited enough about your project to help cheap /free?

yamahonkawazuki

Mar 17, 2010
Clinton Tn
There's got to be a welder in town ,and he might be excited enough about your project to help cheap /free?
Please excuse m, " artwork, " i cna do far better, almost photorealistically, BUT for 2 minute job, htis will suffice. anyhoo, something liek this, using ALOT of the pipe that would be removed, or if you must add additional pipe, if frame is aluminum, get aluminum pipe, if steel, likewise

p.s. the stub coming up just forward of the chainguard, would be the forward engine mount

Attachments