Island Hopper Dilemma

GoldenMotor.com

gaga dudu

Jan 17, 2010
hollywood,ca
For about 5 years i have owned an island hopper folding motorized bike.i have surely enjoided .Of course there were little vizits to the local lawnmore shops but 6 month ago the chain, #25 chain was
just very loose and eventually i took the lock out and the chain came off.To me it seemed that this chain was too thin combined with my 220 lb,so I started a quest to try to icrease chain size to #41
which of course demands new sprockets and chain .after trolling the internet the best i could do i found the transmission sprocket in size #35 but even that wouldnt fit because the six splines in the
sprocket have different dimmensions.Last week I beed on EBAY for aWindjammer that started at $50
Ididnt get it so now ihave to fix it.im glad that by joining ifound that this HOOT TRANSMISSION would
fit well in a rubin subaru EHO35. Till we met again!

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
Howdy Gaga,; those tiny little chains are the toughest chains and the most expensive chains you're ever gonna get #25 H-da are the same material that timming chains for heliocopters are made!!! they don't like when timming chains for heliocopters streach or break, and thats why they make them out of the best stuff around. When ur chain is loose,tighten it up- can even remove links .
I have two brand new chains on stand by and and old used one that I use as a tool for removing sprockets.
Anyway, it's great to see some one else in this forum with an Island Hopper.
I've got the 35 & 48 cc rack mount chain drive Bridgestone Titans.

P.S. Greetings; welcome to the forum ...I love my Island Hopper:):)