Hello everyone

GoldenMotor.com

justjamesjust

Nov 24, 2009
austin
New to this whole thing....just met a guy who has one and I'm psyched about trying to install one. I've got some basic mechanical skills so I think I can pull this off. I'm sure being a part of this forum will help though. I'm thinkin' the 48cc grubee skyhawk one just so i can be more legal more places, but I don't know. any ideas?
I live in Austin and I'm not sure they care too much one way or another here, but it'd be nice to do some cross country

Anyone know a good style of bike that is comfortable to cruise on and fits these engines well
Also anyone know a way to make these things suuuuuper quiet?
Also, I'm thinkin' star wars, endor, speeder bike....not the most comfortable ride for long distance, but I love nothing more than getting down tight on my rode bike and flying.
Just a thought...not sure which way I want to go yet...any input would be much appreciated
And thanks to you all for all the input on this site and thanks to the guys who started and run this thing.....great job!
James

the willi

Apr 21, 2009
west covina,ca
.bf.welcome to thy site, remember the whole thing when you are done! its yours and look at the cruisers first, then look at your confort bikes then go from there. also look at the weight issue too. not being rude but im over two hundred and i run a grebee 80cc with a 36 tooth on it. plus it moves good with keeping low rpms thats being quiet has possble. so think before you bye late

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum.
Review the legal forum before buying. Police in some TX communities are tolerant of gas motor assisted bikes while others (like college campuses) will bust you (electric only allowed).
These kits install most easily on a steel framed cruiser or mountain bike.
Factory muffler is plenty quiet for use in a neighborhood. Further reduce noise by jamming material between cooling fins (many posts on this forum about it).
Some pack the factory muffler with some fiberglass fabric.
Better to get the motor kit installed and broken in before transforming it to a speeda bike. Get comfortable with the care and feeding of the china girl motor before customization. Cheers