Extreme Newbie alert

GoldenMotor.com

captaingeech

Oct 12, 2009
Yuma, AZ
Hi all,
I'm the proud new owner of a 49cc motor bike. The idea seemed kinda cooky to me at first but I was quickly won over and can understand why everyone is so into these awesome bikes. I live in Yuma Arizona, so it has been the perfect ride to and from work in my tiny town. We have bike weather 9 months out of the year, and it's been really nice lately.

I've been reading the site for a few days and have found a lot of helpful information. I just bought a motor bike used about a week ago. I didn't put it together myself, it came all set up so I feel I missed out on a lot of learning experience there. I really don't have any experience with motors though, so I've been trying to learn as much about this engine as I can from the internet and by talking to mechanics. You'll probably be hearing a lot of really ignorant questions from me in the future.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome captaingeech my fellow Arizonan to the forum, we our glad you joined us.

Good riding for 9 months out of the year? I've been to Yuma in the summer, I know what you mean lol.

There are no ignorant questions! Feel free to ask anything, we have GREAT members that are always willing to help each other out. Even us old timers on the forum learn something new everyday.

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Hey there captaingeech, welcome to the place!

Of all the motors to learn from these lil 2 strokes are not only the simplest, but can be the most fun :D

captaingeech

Oct 12, 2009
Yuma, AZ
Thanks everyone! I've only been riding for a couple of weeks, but already feel like I've learned a lot. Just cut back to 40:1 ratio after spark plug kept getting fouled out and my bike started sputtering. Riding well now.