Just ordered this long-exhaust for $35

GoldenMotor.com

JoeMetro

May 4, 2014
California
I have my 66cc 2-stroke build just sitting in the garage waiting on only the exhaust and some gas in the tank. I was unable to bend my muffler (crushed it a bit too much in the vice...) and so I purchased this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271952273948?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I hope that fits my bike with no issues, I always liked the look of these long mufflers and I read they give the same performance as stock, but are quieter.

Anybody use anything like this? Have any tips or advice?

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Joe,
I hope it fits your bike without much, if any, modifications. Some builders have had good luck and some have run into interference with the frame or pedals or the front wheel. If it does need tweaking just take your time, go slow and bend it cold. There is no need to heat it which will ruin the chrome plating.

Keep in mind that some times you can gain some movement by enlarging the flange bolt holes which will allow some twist to the position of the pipe. It might be all you'll need but every bike is different and often some bending is necessary.

Good luck. I think you'll like the sound. But, don't let that "high performance" tag fool you. It will perform just about the same as the short kit pipe and muffler.

Show us a photo when you get it installed.

Tom

JoeMetro

May 4, 2014
California
I am frustrated to report that it did not fit. The pedals did not clear whatsoever, enlarging the flange bolt holes won't do it. Hm, I'm not sure what to do at this point. I think I'll put this exhaust of craigslist see if i can cut my loss.

I used to have a voodoo exhaust on it, but I had to saw one point in half and extending it with heater hose and hose clamps which was not a good look. I may just put that back on if I can't think of anything else.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Joe, have you considered trying to bend your own pipe using 3/4" conduit (EMT) ?

It takes a little practice and patients but some darn nice pipes have been built by members here. You'd need a conduit bender and be able to weld or have access to someone who can. In the end you get what you want and maybe cheaper than an aftermarket part, plus shipping, and something you can't use.

Tom