needed flying horse #4 piston size cylinder barrel

GoldenMotor.com

jameson2wheels

Dec 1, 2015
New Mexico
Bought a kit from Bike Berry...cylinder was junk..chrome flaking off, score marks...they want me to 'send' back the engine for replacement...so maybe I get the same and here I go paying postage back and forth
Prefer to just buy a cylinder, size A ?...the rest of the motor looks good, 31mm intake
Any suggestions for vendor who will examins the cylinder condition before shipping ???:-||

Last edited:

dbledsoe

Apr 22, 2015
Boise
Bought a kit from Bike Berry...cylinder was junk..chrome flaking off, score marks...they want me to 'send' back the engine for replacement...so maybe I get the same and here I go paying postage back and forth
Prefer to just buy a cylinder...the rest of the motor looks good, 31mm intake
Any suggestions for vendor who will examins the cylinder condition before shipping ???:-||
As painful as your experience with bike berry is, and as painful as it is for me to write this, do like I did and never deal with them again. Enough of us do that and they will eventually get the message.

Bike berry, like gas bike is little more than a pass through shop i.e., they get cheap China junk in one door and pass it out the shipping door. I doubt they ever really look at nor inspect their products. A profit mill comes to mind.

jameson2wheels

Dec 1, 2015
New Mexico
my thoughts exactly...broken cooling fin on head, missing bolts on upgrade bolt kit, cylinder studs that were screwed in 1 turn...came out by hand, trashed cylinder...and I have to pay for replacement shipping costs...and what would I get again ????
Lovely website. Garbage product in my opinion. Here in NM we are probably related to anyone doing this and word would get out quick...but a lot of new residents from other "countries" move here and bring their style of doing business which we really don't appreciate.
Bikeberry's on my ****list, 3 strikes they're out. I'll forgo the "guarantee" and order in my own parts.
Lost my customer to this one so it's now going in my bike.
3 Grubee installations w/o a hitch and now this...que mierda.
Any recommendations for supplier who inspects their product ???? brnot

dbledsoe

Apr 22, 2015
Boise
http://umotobikes.com

Also, contact forum member: LandSpeedRecord on this forum via PM. The guy is a miracle worker for parts.

They came through for me when Bikeberry and JNM failed to do so. Regarding JNM, a site sponsor, avoid them. For me they were good the first couple of orders and then crap there after. I am still waiting (over two weeks now) for a part they have already charged my credit card for that they didn't even have in stock, athough they showed it as in stock when I ordered it... and their excuse? It is coming from Peurto Rico. Excuse me, why was it shown in stock in their Seattle shop if it was as yet to be shipped from Peurto Rico?

Last edited:

dbledsoe

Apr 22, 2015
Boise
Just got bicycle motor works to handpick a barrel for me 24 bucks
nice people and very helpful

Thanks all !
Agreed. BMWorks are great folks to deal with. I bought their race ready engine for a customer and their work is a thing of beauty. They respond to messages and ship quickly, and the quality of their stuff is excellent... unlike JNM, whom I will never deal with again.

Don