New kit discovered

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
It's a crap shoot that you'll get it as that kit is illegal to be imported into the US from China since the 2010 EPA regs kicked in and could be confiscated.

Sure, e-bay will give you your money back eventually but in the mean time you have no kit or money to order one until e-bay refunds you.

I don't know about but when I need a kit I need it now.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Only difference I see is the speed carb and shorty intake, everything else looks identical to the kits I get.
Nothing special as far as I can tell.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I'll be curious to hear how this order works out, a vendor in Georgia has what looks to me like the old PK-80 kits, have the longer bent clutch actuator arm, the flat blade screws and the gray paint, about $6 more than the one from China that has the speed carb which I dont know about besides the throat of the speed carb is 1mm larger or something like that.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-80cc-Bi...Parts_Accessories&hash=item417420b0e4&vxp=mtr

I order direct out of China sometimes and it normally takes around 2 1/2 - 3 weeks to get stuff in mail, a few times has been quicker.

Hope this order and the engine works out real good for ya, from what I understand as long as they claim it is engine parts it will come right on over here without a glitch.

Peace, Map
reddd

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Thats a good looking engine, looks like the intake port may be a bit higher and more of an oval shape than normal, hard to tell for sure but thats how it looks in the pic.

I know of at least one other seller that is selling that engine kit, may put one of those on my list if it turns out to be a good runner for ya.

Map

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
On one site I've seen engines with a sticker that show a 2011 epa certification so im a little puzzled about all 2010 being the last year a lot of these engines could be imported, seems to me we still got a boat load of them coming over with new sellers popping up on ebay in last couple of year ans some of the older ones offering different kits than they did a couple years ago.

Evidently some found a loop hole somewhere......lol!

Map

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I have around 50 mi on the engine . It seems like a solid runner.
Man thats great to hear, I have about 41 miles so far on my newest build using the Dax balanced lower and let me tell ya, I'm a happy camper to say the least..... best running engine I've had yet hands down, my other engines do good up to 30mph, but this things will cruise at 40mph no sweat... so impressed and happy that yours is working out so well also....

keep the rubber side down and enjoy.

peace, map
reddd

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
Hmmm, almost tempted to order one, even though I am still catching up with my bills due to having NO income coming in for 2 months.
(other than odd jobs from my dad and brother)

Or maybe I'll order parts for my old one?

Nice looking motor though.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
It is a good runner but it doesn't have as much power as the x 80 from leb.
It has an older hed design. The x80 has the newer head design that that's Dax sells.