Amsoil for Break-In

GoldenMotor.com

VaporKing

May 15, 2008
Hi.

Just picked-up a quart of Interceptor yesterday.

I planned on using it ASAP, but am breaking-in a new engine.

I'm daring, so I'm breaking-in 16:1 instead of 20:1 with a genric air-cooled 2 cycle oil. I'm seeing a power hit, but am living with it. I'll get a new spark plug later, if I have to.

At what point (now possibly?) should I switch-over to Interceptor. Should I go out of my way to use Defender or Saber?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

:ride:
VaporKing

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
Synthetic oil is very slippery.
During break in you want to use at least some dino based oil or castor mixed in with the synthetic.

80 percent synthetic to 20 percent castor. like in Maxima or klotz.
Most people will go for a very fast break-in and use something like Penzoil air cooled ( NOT outboard motor oil.

Last edited:

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
I used Saber to break mine in at 20:1. Since as was mentioned the synthetic is probably too good for break in, I just broke it in a little longer at 20:1 before I switched to 32:1. I have been running 32:1 now for about 5 tank fulls so next tank I will be going 40:1 and probably stay there for the life of the motor.

jf30cp

Jun 23, 2008
I used the saber during break in at 20:1... and still running 20:1 , it seems fine. Amsoil is a very good oil to use. Go ahead and star putting that in. things should be fine.