How do I protect my investment against thieves?

GoldenMotor.com

Tj Bunch

Jun 18, 2008
I just put mine in the New Car Department, Now people think we sell Bikes as well as Cars.

jburr36

Jul 17, 2008
Idaho
I have a small bicycle alarm on mine. It's a motion sensor that squeels when the bike is moved. It could be a little louder but it's enough to get attention when activated. Also, when I leave my bike for too long I put a bike cover over it as well as activate the alarm and of course I lock it up with a chain and lock.

Next, I have my bike registered with the local police. It has a California license number associated with the VIN.

Last, I'm seriously considering renters insurance. Doing some research a few companies will insure bicycles under homeowners and renters insurance policies to recoup some of your investment in case of theft. They may even cover loss of luggage in an airport when traveling among other things. At least Allstate does.

Attached photo is the cheap Ebay Alarm on my bike.

Attachments

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
A, that alarm is a good idea...except if you're in a bike rack and the bike gets bumped while someone's putting their bike in.

B, that bike looks sweet, I want to see more pictures :)

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Seriously... They have battery powered grinders & dremel tools that will cut through ANY lock in less than a minute!
I always just take it in with me where ever I go; lock it where I can see it, or lock it where a lot of other people can see it!