New to motorized bikes

GoldenMotor.com

Eman64

Jul 5, 2010
US
Hi all. I'm excited to be diving into this new hobby!

I just picked up an EZ Motorbike kit and am scouting for bicycles--any suggestions? I'm also looking for a set of installation intructions since they were not in the package. I managed to locate instructions for a Grub-Bee Whopper Stopper II but that's as close as I could get. Anyone know where I can get my hands on a set for the EZ M kit? I'm mechanically inclined and can probably figure things out, but why take the risk? All in all, this'll only be a slight delay. :)

broHSI

Jul 27, 2009
USA, CA
Hi all. I'm excited to be diving into this new hobby!

I just picked up an EZ Motorbike kit and am scouting for bicycles--any suggestions? I'm also looking for a set of installation intructions since they were not in the package. I managed to locate instructions for a Grub-Bee Whopper Stopper II but that's as close as I could get. Anyone know where I can get my hands on a set for the EZ M kit? I'm mechanically inclined and can probably figure things out, but why take the risk? All in all, this'll only be a slight delay. :)
The EZ Motorbike dealer who sold you the kit should help you out.
I don't think that EZ Motorbike ever got around to making installation instructions.

Any kind of quality cruiser bicycle works and looks best.

Eman64

Jul 5, 2010
US
Thanks BroSHI. The dealer is trying to help as best he can. I was just hoping to get lucky. :)

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
welcome to the EZM family, and motorbicycling.com (^)
if your dealer cannot answer any question(s), or you get stuck,
feel free to pm or email me, and I will do my best to help you :):):)
(I have over 5900 miles on my kit, and have worked through most problems you could have during install) ;)

Eman64

Jul 5, 2010
US
Thanks All. The good folks at Pirate Cycles and at EZ Motorbikes came through with flying colors. I recommend them highly! I mounted the EZ rig on a Walmart brand Schwinn 7 speed. Steel frame w/ friction brakes. Rides nice. A bit wobbly around 20 mph but mostly just needs spoke adjustment and waiting on a "heavy duty" chain so I can swap in the manich mechanic CNC routed sprocket. Note to users: the stock Huasheng chain does not sit 100% true in the manic mechanic sprocket--going from memory i think the links sit too low in the sprocket so at around 210 degrees from origin the link pops out of the groove. Easy enough to fix. Thanks again to everyone on the forum! Eman64