Noob in michigan

GoldenMotor.com

mortokai

Mar 6, 2010
muskegon
Hello I'm new to the forum. I live in michigan where it's freakin cold pretty much all the time except for when its searing hot. I just finished building a chopper bike with a grube 66/80cc engine. I'm not sure as for the rules that I can post a question this early on but... I have... it seems... everything properly hooked up and the bike starts so well that i can kick start it. The problem is that it doesnt seem to react to throttling it up or down and when the clutch is engaged (handle lever is squized) the engine revs very high. Ive taken apart the carb and checked that the floater is indeed moving all the way up and as far down as the idle screw allows. I have made sure that the manifold is tight to the engine with a gasket and ive used teflon tape to cover the manifold where the carb attaches. I do not think that there are any air leaks. I do currently have the air filter off because of space issues but i have a shorter intake manifold in the mail. Ideas?

InKedKloWn

Oct 29, 2009
Muskegon, Michigan
Welcome to the forum!!!! Ill get some pics of your bike posted here shortly.... Did u ever get your intake from manic macanic? We have to get her going for a ride.

stevolandis

Feb 20, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
Welcome to the forum- I had a similar problem with my engine- with it disengaged from the wheel, it would rev really high. It turned out that the cable tighteners at the top of the carb and the end of the throttle were screwed out to much(which tightened the cable), and this made the throttle stay open halfway. I loosened them, and it idles fine. Hopefully that helps!

InKedKloWn

Oct 29, 2009
Muskegon, Michigan
Those are screwed all the way in on his bike... I looked myself, he ordered a new carb from bikeberry. Hope that works. We yried everything, ajusting the C clip blah blah blah to no avail... I want to kick his bike when hes not looking .. Lol... J/k but seriously it angers me

stevolandis

Feb 20, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
I don't know too much about how to adjust carbs and such- only the basics. I'm lucky my engine works fine out of the box(although I have a neighbor who's very good with engines) I'm sure there's a post around here that'll help you- just do a quick search....

mortokai

Mar 6, 2010
muskegon
thanks for the help stevo. I figured it out. there is a small pin on the side of the carb that guides the floater and stays in the gap that runs the length of the floater. that was missing. its sooo small and easy to miss. Aparently they shipped it to me missing. I ordered a completely new carb and it works great.