Hello from CNY!

GoldenMotor.com

K.i.p

Nov 8, 2009
CNY
Hello all. I have been doing lots of reading here and am currently working on my first build. I notice from time to time that I have thoughts and suggestions so I figure it's time to set up a profile so that I can make posts. I also have a photo documentary in progress so once I earn the privaledge I can share my experience with the build. Great forum and so much knowledge it's a joy to be a part of it!

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Good to have ya here! You earned the honor of being able to post links/pic by makin' at least 3 posts...

We've pretty high standards eh? :p

Love to see what you've got so far!

K.i.p

Nov 8, 2009
CNY
I am working with a 70's US built K-Mart Pro Sort Womens Frame. Objective: something quiet, efficient, and not extraordinarily fast. My goal is partially to create a piece of art work. I would like the finished build to be historically ambiguous to the average observer.

So far I have the bike, a 60cc Chinagirl, replacement seat, tires, and inner tubes, along with some springer forks, new seat, caliper brakes, and twin mirrors.

I have the build conceptualized and have already begun the fabrication stage. Wheels have been cleaned, re pact, and trued. Crank disassembled and cleaned (USA Bearings). Kit sprocket has been bored out, new coaster arm fabricated and bent, hub drive for sprocket fabricated, modified seat post fabricated and welded in place.

Here are some pics, enjoy.

Attachments