need headlight bracket

GoldenMotor.com

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Does anyone know where I can get a headlight bracket for my schwinn motorbike? It has the old type springer front end & I have a dual beam light I want to mount. I bought one but it broke the first time I rode. It didn't look too sturdy when I bought it.
Jay

Attachments

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Here it is. Okay, I know what everyone's thinking "it's big". It is. I got it on EBay. It even still has the broken bracket on it

Attachments

Last edited:

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
I have a box of brackets that will work.I get them from lowes,they are used to hang conduit.They cost about 35 cents each.The 3/4 will be what you need.HD

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
I'm an electrician. Work construction. What are the ones that you use? And AZ bill what do you have? I know you have miles on your bike.

Last edited:

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Thanks Doc. I'll try it. My light is pretty big but it can't do worse than my first one. I'm on a big remodel job at a school and I'm going to look for an old bracket on the pile of stuff we took out. The old stuff is better quality than the new stuff.
Jay

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
Glad i could help.If you cant find it in stainless,ill look in the shop i might have some.We use them on the spray booms on our airplanes.HARLEYS DAD

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Here it is. It worked, Doc's the man!! Guys at work said I should be able to find a stainless steel one because some food plants need everything stainless steel. I'll check into that. Here's some pics. Does anyone else have pics of their headlight brackets?

Here's what I did. The headlight is from an old emergency exit light, 6V 35 watt sealed beam, steel housing. I used a short section of 3/16" steel flat stock, bent in a mild 'Z' shape and uses the original fender mount hole in my Jaguar fork. Works great!
Tom

Attachments

Last edited:

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
I checked & can't find one like it. They have some similar on Ebay. Too bad we don't live close to each other. I'd sell you mine. It's a little too big for my bike.
Jay