Anyone have a motorized Trek 4300?

GoldenMotor.com

X Ray

Mar 20, 2014
Austin
Hey guys. Picked up a kit a few weeks back from bikeberry and finally have a little free time to try and get it on my bike. I have a Trek 4300 with disk brakes, and realized this kit can't be used with disk brakes so I ordered the HD Deluxe Shift Kit from sick bike parts which I should have next week.

Does anyone here have one of these kits on a 4300? Any links to threads or pics would be cool.

X Ray

Mar 20, 2014
Austin
Thanks for posting the link.

I have a 2011 4300 with a 16" frame.

Because of the 16" frame, motor fitment is tight because the seat tube is so short, and the bottom tube is a strange shape and a large diameter in some spots. This has required me to grind off a lot of material from the front/bottom motor mount, and had to reverse the cylinder head to point the spark plug towards the front of the bike.

I look like I might be alone on mounting one of these to such a small frame.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
While I have not done the same bike, My original Pig build had a very similar shape. I had to use longer bolts and coupler nuts for the front mount and had to delete tha air cleaner housing for frame clearance.
Even though it was a very cheap bicycle, it ran great for well over 3 years and a LOT of miles. I sold it when I found my current frame and the new owner still rides it daily.

X Ray

Mar 20, 2014
Austin

Yeah, that's a tight fit, too. Here's a pic of mine mocked up. Super tight and the motor leans forward a lot. I'll probably need to grind more material off the front mount and possibly material off the top of the cylinder head to make it all fit with the shift kit.

Last edited: