29er dimondback mountainbike BUILD

GoldenMotor.com

database00

Apr 23, 2013
Denver

49.5cc suzuki motor
just ordered sickbikepartskits

was going to fabricate alot of stuff myself but this will allow me to finish project faster less heat from the little lady about time not being spent with her LOL.

Also doing a mod on the motor to give it a hi and low gear.
going to be interesting to see how fast or slow this bike is going to be.
the slow gear ratio is 4-1 not sure what the faster one is.

Got the motor running pretty good. still debating on the gas tank I want to use. Dont feel like putting a small motorcycle one like everyone else. thinking of putting.

on a rack above the back tire.

waiting for the gasket to do the mod then hopefully
going to focus on mounting the engine.

database00

Apr 23, 2013
Denver
Ok i am sorta stuck between a rock and a hardplace. The only bike it fit in was my good mountainbike frame. And 29 which I think would make it cooler,
But now Im second guessing because I found a 26 inch tire mountain bike that it fits a little better in. But now my question is should I do it in the 26" tire mnt bike or the 29er? will it make a difference on performance? the 26 will probly be just a little lighter. but 29er has bigger tires.

choices choices.

Attachments

database00

Apr 23, 2013
Denver
ok so I went with the 29er as I knew it would be a cooler bike. This morning before work I tore into it and got my crank freewheel working. Like a glove, i can now peddle and have an open sprocket for the motor to attach too. So 18 speed 50cc 29er here I come. I plan on being able to ride it this weekend with any luck.

database00

Apr 23, 2013
Denver
I also pulled apart the motor and performed the dremil mod on the motor to give it a lowgear. seems to work fine, picked up a gasket as well so I can put it all back together tomorrow morning.

database00

Apr 23, 2013
Denver
i did do one but chain came off when I was switching gears. I need to move my chain that goes to the back tire to the inner one on my crank and the one from my jack shaft on the outside so they dont hit when I am switching gears. but I was on the 3rd from the smallest it would go up hill. But need the other 4 bigger gears to fly up them.
]
I went aroud the block last night thing flyes on strait aways t was probly hittiing 35 and I wasnt even using the bikes high gear.
Ill see about using a cam and gps for speed tonight or tommmorrow. Ill see if I can get the chains swapped out.

database00

Apr 23, 2013
Denver
Next step is making a dc motor work as a generator to charge battery for head and tail lights. and if I make it at correct location it will also work as a chain tensioner.

do something like this but cleaner and led

I think I have a bunch of 3.7v 18650 batteries to use and a dc motor. just need to figure out how to wire so it can do blinkers and stuff

might need one of theses

Last edited:

database00

Apr 23, 2013
Denver
ANYONE in the denver, CO area know where I can speed test my BIKE? I live in residentual area and there are stop signs every block. I think I can hit like 40 in 1 block but cant go any faster and have to slamm on brakes or stop sign.

Maybe Ill have my girl watch an intersection so I can speed through it LOL.

Would be nicer if I had a path, or maybe even side of road I can hit 60 on.
Id be happy with 50 but only second day with bike I might want to get some miles on it to make sure all the chains work as they are supposed to before I really hit it.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
im thinking of like a round tube to go through the chain from the jackshaft to keep them from hitting and knocking chain off.

ANY IDEAS?.bf.
When I worked for the phone company, we ran our aerial phone wire thru a few feet of hard plastic tube, when the wire had to run through tree branches. This protected the 3/8" wire from chafing. That'd work, if you can find it.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Excellent build! Suzuki engines are very dependable. I use a Tanaka 47R engine on my bike w/shift kit.

What are your gear ratios?

database00

Apr 23, 2013
Denver
the tubing would work if i can find a way to mount it so it doesn't move. and keep it strait. possible pvc pipe as it stays basically strait.

I have no idea on the gear ratios lol.
I have so many gears and sprockets i just built it and i would figure out the speed later lol.

I know the gear ration for the motor.
The slow gear is 4to1
no sure on the fast gear. but it decently faster.

database00

Apr 23, 2013
Denver
Got all my light last night and a small gastank from a mower Im going to mount onder my seat. So I can get rid of my water bottle lol.