GoldenMotor.com

blazingoutcast

Mar 28, 2012
st. cloud mn
Please help before i take my frustration out on this pos project

Problems so far encountered
Carb flooding - solved something to do with the float
Clutch cable binding - solved replaced with brake cable from other bike
Intake vaccum leak - solved replaced plastic collar with 3/4 inch rubber and j.d. welded it to intake

Current problems

Chain making scraping noise or something causing scraping sound in clutch cover
Runs fine with 50% or less throttle any more then 50% and engine will loose power and die

Please help im one more issue away from taking my 12 gauge to it

Could the throttle problem be caused by the idle or air screws being to opened/closed if so how do i set to factory defult

I had the bike running with full power before i got the carb to stay on the only thing i can think is those screws cuz after my dad touched em i encountered the issue

N yes i know to not let anyone do this but me now cuz every problem i've encountered has been from him saying oh this has to be like this n this like that he keeps breaking it so please help before i snap thank you

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
This all sounds kinda normal for getting a chinagirl operational. :)

Don't despair !

It's all for fun, and educational purposes.
Really!

So what kind of bike, motor, carb, and all that ID info so we can offer you advice?
Pics are good, too!

Actually, it sounds to me like you nearly got the bugs worked out!
Well, at least well on the way. :)

Seems like there is a possibility that a rag joint might not be flipped the right way... how's your drive chain alignment?

Running out of power past 50% throttle sounds like a carb fueling issue. Maybe the jet is wrong and need attention.

There's existing threads here, probably with all the details to fix whatever your problem is, if you can take the time to look at them.

Best
rc

blazingoutcast

Mar 28, 2012
st. cloud mn
I honestly don't think it has anything to do with the jets or anything inside the carb cuz it ran perfectly fine before i think its just the air or idle screw because like i said it ran fine before just had the new engine issues that should of cleared up after brake in but i tried turning the idle screw in but it never stoped just kept going further and further in so i backed it off to were it looked like it was before

Its a 2011 grubee skyhawk gt5 with a cns carburetor on a 2011 walmart cranbrook huffy beach cruiser 26''

Thank you

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Well, ok then...

Take off the air cleaner and reset the idle speed screw so you can see it barely raise the slide. Then you'll know which way to make adjustments, from that point.

Turn the idle mixture screw all the way in, and then back it out a turn, only.
Pretty good chance any adjustment needed to it will be to back it out a little more, 1/4 turn at a time until it performs better.

But now that we know you have a cns, there is a possibility you shall NEVER, ever, get it to perform as you would like it to.
I got one.
The NT is a far superior carb even though it does not have as much adjustment capability. Apparently it was engineered better from the gate.

Oh, you should NOT post your phone on any open forum.
I suppose you could request folks to contact you by PM, THEN volunteer your phone number if you wish??? It would really be safer.

Good luck
rc

blazingoutcast

Mar 28, 2012
st. cloud mn
Thank u n i understand the risk i take but im 6'2'' 180 lbs i can handle whatever comes my way lol but i will definitely do that with the air n idle screws and i know the cns carbs are a pain i have two or three other threads about my cns carb its been problem after problem im thinking about just ordering an nc carb or dellorto carb cuz im an idiot with this carb and any other the less i can adjust the better cuz then i don't run into this **** lol

blazingoutcast

Mar 28, 2012
st. cloud mn
But what about the scraping noise its not constant just as i peddle or the wheel turns that's why i think its with the chain maybe at a certain point in the chain its rough idk it just started doing it after i replaced the clutch cable and made it actually possible to engage and disengage the clutch with out having to put my hand down there i know i need to adjust the clutch tension cuz it wont idle unless i hold it in the auto hold pin doesn't hold it enough to complely disengage so it sits n idles for a few sec then dies unless of course i hold the clutch in manually

ddesens

Jun 27, 2011
New Port Richey, FL.
You need to tighten your clutch cable more to the point that when the handle is locked with the pin that the clutch is completely disengaged. Save up $13 and order a NT carb. Take the CNS and place it on a stump in your backyard. Aim your 12 guage at it and pull the trigger. That will be the best and final adjustment you should make to that carb. The NT is way more user friendly with less things to adjust and get you all messed up.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I will also add that you are never going to get it going if you just run amok with it. "I turned the screw all the way in and it kept going so I turned it back to WHERE IT LOOKED LIKE IT WAS."

Well, that's not close enough. Just as the word "probably" means "I have no idea what I am talking about, so I'll just guess wildly about it",turning a carb screw "back to where it looked like it was" is not going to do it. It could well be a half a turn or more from where it needs to be.

Blaming your dad isn't helping either....learn about the basics, then go back to square one and try to get it going. You have made adjustments on then carb with apparently no knowledge of what it even does.

I have read where several people have tried to help you, yet you gloss over or ignore their advice.

Have you checked the seals for leaks? How about the rest of the intake?

While a rant about how you are "gunna snap and shoot the engine" is entertaining, it's not going to get you any where.

A little knowledge goes a long way- in life and with these bike engines.

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
im 6'2'' 180 lbs i can handle whatever comes my wayl
Well, that's all well and good, but the problem with posting your phone number in any global forum is it makes you a bit more of a target for those nefarious criminal types out there who are phishing for information.

It seems there is some new scam dreamed up out there nearly each month.

AFAIK, any little bit of information about someone they can combine with anything else gets them a step closer to taking advantage of you.

It's a very real problem, has nothing to do with your physical size, sex, or even social status. They just want numbers they can try to use, for something you may not know about, for years to come!

Good luck
rc

blazingoutcast

Mar 28, 2012
st. cloud mn
Thanks for all the feed back and yes blaming my dad does help cuz he adjusted stuff without telling me what n how n i know knowledge helps that's y i take every little advice and see what helps

And i know of the scams it was dumb yes but removed

And i have a better video to show u guys my bikes first 2 consecutive hours on the road got everything going good just need to locktite it all

zaviii

Oct 17, 2008
Chico, Ca
Maybe these videos will help you to adjust your clutch engagement position and carburetor, throttle cable settings. Also make sure your master link on your chain is not rubbing on the chain tensioner pulley. Just lift the rear wheel in the air and turn it by hand with the motor off and the clutch completely disengaged and listen for noise. If its rubbing the pulley slightly move bend the chain tensioner pulley away form the bicycle, good luck!

throttle/carb adjustments.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkWypuhai4Q&list=UUDSr8VjVhrS_4xwvycxMjqA&index=2&feature=plcp

Motorized Bicycle Clutch Adjustment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDbzu-NpAIs&list=UUDSr8VjVhrS_4xwvycxMjqA&index=5&feature=plcp