Derringer is everywhere

GoldenMotor.com

GasX

Oct 7, 2011
Florida
I was in the market the other day and looked at a motorcycling magazine - it had an article on Derringer bikes.

yesterday, I opened up a Restoration Hardware catalog and Derringer bikes are offered for sale inside in exclusive restoration grey...

Say what you want about the bikes, but they know how to market their product...

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
We went to the Venice Vintage Motorcycle Rally a few weeks ago & we saw two his bikes parked there; so we parked our bikes right beside his, & within five minutes he loaded his bikes into a van & went home! Hahaha!!! :rolleyes: :crash:

leadfarmer

Sep 30, 2011
VA
Looking at the pictures, the tank is too wide for good pedaling. The china doll chain tensioner is used, which is a weak spot. Some had rag joints, some had the Sportsman mount for the sprocket.
I can take the rag joint,as mine is about the only trouble free item on my HT build. But the poor quality chain tensioner would be a deal breaker.

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Derringer must be doing some thing right I hear that name alot wether good or bad, he's getting free press and lots of it. Funny thing I havn't heard jack about Venice or other naysayers above. Could it be hes a smarter business person or a case of being jealous of some one being successful?

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
I regret the above post maybe its out of line. I just hate to see a guy get dissed whos just trying to make it in this world whos doing a honest living. We're supposed to be a community here and support each other.........i'm done.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Derringer must be doing some thing right I hear that name alot wether good or bad, he's getting free press and lots of it. Funny thing I havn't heard jack about Venice or other naysayers above. Could it be hes a smarter business person or a case of being jealous of some one being successful?
Of course he's doing something right... I've met him before & he seems pretty smart. He's good at 'crafting' a public image; his bikes have nice paint & a few nice parts; but the biggest thing he has are those moped tanks that he found that make his bikes instanty recognizable!

& of course you "haven't heard jack about me or other naysayers above" in the press because he also has a lot of personal wealth to put into his business & he has a lot of friends in the 'artsy' crowd who give him all that free press; (& we don't). :(
Yes I admit that I'm very jealous... I wish I had money & friends like that that too!

Last edited: