Can't help but laugh at Thanksgiving Gasbike/Kings ad

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
2011 Skyhawk motors are back in stock at Gasbike/Kings, $185 so that is good news, it looks like they dumped that obnoxious red plastic air cleaner and use a real one now too. Hopefully they fixed the carb gasket thing too.

Anyway, I thought I was going to cough up a lung (battling bronchitis at the moment) when I seen this picture of the bare bike frames they are trying to sell for $300 ($200 right now if you buy a motor with it).

So what is wrong with their ad picture of the new frame with a motor on it?

Hahaha! I am still laughing so hard I have to quit looking at it!

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
Apparently it was more important to get that SkyHawk graphic in the picture than to get the motor on in the right orientation...
The good news is, with a little gas on a rag that SkyHawk graphic will come right off....

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Why didn't they mount the engine correct and just take a pic. of the right side? The frame should look the same right?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
A-P (advertising & promotions) people are not known for their technical expertise.
Ever watch Jay Leno when he does his 'Headlines' segment? You'll see plenty of A-P goofs.
Tom

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Wow, they really fumbled that one. No wonder nobody buys from them, lol.

I do like the grubee frames though; in-frame tank, horizontal rear dropouts, and built-in front motor mount, seems to be a nice bike.

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
What the **** does some graphics guy know about how a motor goes on a bike, obvously nadda! LOL
He probably was given a picture of the frame, and a picture of the motor, and photoshoped the motor in there the way the Skyhawk graphic looked best and called it a day...