BoFab Cycles Cafe build;1975 Silver Fox Motocross BMX

GoldenMotor.com

IreBo

Jul 22, 2011
Monterey,CA
That sounds like a plan Robin... ill call you when i get started to let ya know whats going on.. im thinking of doing a 24" version..
hope its not getting too cold to ride!

Ps. keep my name on that boxer. it will be mine someday.... lol!

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
Its plus 5 c (not sure what that is in Farenheit probably 40 )here today still fairly warm and the roads are clear and few tourists - great riding weather going out tomorrow--been working quite a bit.As soon as the lake freezes a video will happen !
Wow frozen lake racing... good idea might half to try thatlaff

motor_bike_fanatic

Jul 26, 2011
Pennsylvania
This looks more like a cross between several styles to me. Not so much cafe as streetbike or what some would call a crotch rocket, also see a little bit of bobber in it. The only thing cafe about it to me really is the suspension. Still, nice customization.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
I can find wrenches now, but I'm still not used to Kilometers per hour yet.
I am so confused on temperatures, always have to see the chart!

http://inel.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/miamimuseumofsciencethermometer.gif?w=550

Its plus 5 c (not sure what that is in Farenheit probably 40 )here today still fairly warm and the roads are clear and few tourists - great riding weather going out tomorrow--been working quite a bit.As soon as the lake freezes a video will happen !

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
That's a super cool bike!!! My only suggestion is that you should put a proper hub adapter on that beauty so that you don't destroy it. I hate those blasted rag joints. Otherwise it's a superb build! (^)

IreBo

Jul 22, 2011
Monterey,CA
thanks. it has held up and with the 12g spokes its ok... just keep em true and they are fine. i ride this to work some 10 miles and its held up fine. just funny speed and tork with the small 20" and 36 tooth.. goes fine up and streight but feels much diff from 26"! when i get started on the limited run of copys im going to do half in 24" with disk mount sprocket.. and disk front break....
this has only a coaster and i was flying down the street the otherday and locked the rear cause a car didnt see me and layed it down and slid on my leg for a bit.. but didnt scratch the bike!! so a front break is in the werks....

Last edited: