Womens board track racer?

GoldenMotor.com

suvete

Aug 10, 2009
Tucson AZ
Is there any history of a women board track racer? Has any one built a racer that is something a wild girl would like to sport. Maybe something like the new Harleys that are flat black & pink? Anyone have photo's of women M.B. riders?

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi if you read about board track racing, and the high death toll, I don't think you will find any mention of a female racing, in addition the "Ladies" acted completely different in those days, and did not even yet have the vote (till 1920)

Mike

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I bet there there were women back then who wanted to. Lots of women rode bicycles and wind in your face is wind in your face.
I know I'd rather look at pictures of women on motorbikes than men on them. I was looking at Veniceboy's group photo of his ride a few days ago. Lots of guys and one girl. It wasn't hard to notice who looked best. (And no, it wasn't you, Veniceboy. Ha! I'll give you this, there's nothing wrong with your eyesight, bud.)
SB

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Hi if you read about board track racing, and the high death toll, I don't think you will find any mention of a female racing, in addition the "Ladies" acted completely different in those days, and did not even yet have the vote (till 1920)

Mike

Not all women were oppressed "ladies" though. There were women farmers, pilots, bikers, ect. "back then" too.
Suvete- Why not be the first? Build one!

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
My Mother is 98 on Dec. 22 and if you want to know what was allowed I can ask her.
We have a picture of her sitting on my grandads motorcycle about 90 years ago in England with her brother.
She has said the first world war opened things up for women as they were called upon to do jobs that men usally did but after the war things went back pretty much to normal.

As she said Ladies had to be and Gentlemen better be.

Steve.

pre-war Schwinn

Nov 15, 2009
Los Angeles 90039
there was a BoardTrack located at PCH and Beach Blved in Huntinton Beach california also known as ?Tin Can Beach because of the transients who lived the Beachcomber Lif and cooked over bonfires raced Boardtrank and basically did there own thing.
I've seen a Harley that was graciously alloted the cherished parts kept safe in sheds all over Socal It was built bu a Sober guy in AA who started with just a frame and wish. as he progressd the OLD Racers let go of their private stash to trick it out I laughed though when I onced asked if I could photograph it I was told No way. It would leak out about its origins and build secrets. He then proceeded to try and Kick start that Witch and an hour later had to tow it back the two miles to the garage Har Har

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Few weeks ago my brother came over to have me work on his PC, while we were waiting for windows to load I was showing him some board track videos on youtube, even came across a video of a hillclimb here in Lansing in 1917 (want a laugh watch last half of the video!)
YouTube - Michigan Motorcycle Madness from 1917

Well my brother says "Remember the old Harley grandpa had when he was young?" (btw grandpa would be 105 now) I said yeah, I remember seeing the pictures of him sitting on it, "Well did mom ever tell you the story that he rode all the way to upstate New York to watch a hillclimb back in the 20's?" Ummmmm...no.....mom never told me that one!:eek:

badbarb

Sep 25, 2009
Lebanon Pa
suvete. you go girl building a boardie now myself and waiting to get my whizzer home to start keep in touch we can swap ideas.....Barb

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Very cool. Thanks for finding and sharing that. She must have been a heck of a rider and athlete. I'd like to have known her. Young girls need different kinds of icons to choose from in who to emulate. Fay seems like a real quality person. A couple of those bikes she rode are awesome. Maybe sometime we'll see a board track racer replica with Fay Taylour on the gas tank.
SB

suvete

Aug 10, 2009
Tucson AZ
I guess that I will start to make a Board Track Racer for my wife so we will have a his and hers set. I will start on hers this weekend. Here is my first tracker I had put together. Maybe we both will be in the next Death Race in Dec. 2 2010 ?

Attachments

jdmpunk

May 4, 2009
ohio
Is there any history of a women board track racer? Has any one built a racer that is something a wild girl would like to sport. Maybe something like the new Harleys that are flat black & pink? Anyone have photo's of women M.B. riders?
check out acmemotobikes.com we have a womens bike early shwin with a motor on it but i dont think it fits the bill for a board tracker

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Maybe we both will be in the next Death Race in Dec. 2 2010 ?
She's GOTTA beat Fairracing31!!!!!!! :D

Funny thing is back then women like Fay Taylour or Amelia Earhart were the furthest thing from what parents wanted their daughters to emulate.

Last edited: