Quicky build!

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Took about 45 minutes.
Still need to tack tensioner, install exhaust pipe and fuel tank, replace CDI primary wire and plug cap.

Sale bike for flipping to help finance The OCC jackshaft build.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
WHERE, do you store all these bikes? Good grief, you must have a big garage or back yard.
My wife and I were leaving her mother's place last Sunday and there was a house with four bikes sitting out front with a sign that said, 'Free'. I slowed down to look and Char said, "don't even think about it". I drove on. :)

Tom

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
WHERE, do you store all these bikes? Good grief, you must have a big garage or back yard.
My wife and I were leaving her mother's place last Sunday and there was a house with four bikes sitting out front with a sign that said, 'Free'. I slowed down to look and Char said, "don't even think about it". I drove on. :)

Tom

.....but, I bet you made a mental note for near future reference........:D

Maniac, it probably took me 30 minutes just to get the rear sprocket aligned!!

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I'm down to about 15-20 minutes average for the chain and sprocket. Usually the bike re-grease takes longer than the kit install on these conventional frames.
Steel is real yo.

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn

Tom
I built a shed roof. Outgrew it within minutes.
I don't ask before I drag junk home.

Plus more seem to appear when I'm not looking.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
What is the prefect amount of bikes to own?
One less than the number of bikes that will compel the wife to throw you out.

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Final rendition!
49cc fired right up and runs like a top! Simply pulls clean all the way up to scary territory!
Brakes are marginal with the rpm this thing will spin, but it's a great ride!
Took it to a man today who is offering me a running driving '73 Pace Arrow motorhome as a straight up trade. All I need is a set of trailer tires so he can move his boat around!

It sounded too good to be true to me, but I have spoken with the man and this is for real!
I expect to easily flip this cool looking small motorhome for substantially more than any motorized bike would bring!
Here's hoping he can find the title!

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Went to pick up the RV today but the battery was too weak to get it started. I do have the signed title though, so this deal is actually done!
I'm going back tomorrow with a hot battery, a gas can, a 12v fuel pump and a plan!
I'll bypass the tank if it acts balky from sitting, and run off the electric fuel pump from the gas can for the three miles home.
I'm simply flabergasted by this deal. I never really thought he was serious until I =saw the title.
He is thrilled with the little 49cc btw...
I'm going to give his Huffy frame a set of Vbrakes and alloys as soon as I get another parts bike just in appreciation!

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Well played!!

Sometimes you just happen to be standing on the correct number when the wheel of fortune stops.

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Bet that 50cc is smooth huh?
Like buttah. Revved out like no 66cc I have ever seen, even the balanced GenV!
Hated to let it go, but considering what I traded it for.....BYE!
WHOOoooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooOOOOSH!DNUT
*sound of maniac trading sweet 49cc motorbike*