Can You Buy Pre-Made Motorized Bikes?

GoldenMotor.com

MotorBikeJoe

Jun 12, 2010
Canada, Nova Scotia
I'm completely new to this but I'm every interested in getting a motorized bike. I have no Engine experience or how to put a kit together, I assume it not to hard but I was wondering if there are pre-made complete motorized bikes on the market. I tried google search and didn't really find anything.

I would like any suggestions from Canadian suppliers but if there aren't any please provide some good USA suppliers.

I'm probably looking for 4 stroke engines as I want as little maintenance but open to any 2 stroke as well.

I will do more read/research on this forum but would love any suggestions from experience people.

Thanks

Joe

brnot

Tim_B_172

Aug 26, 2009
Saint Joseph, MO
I've run across them in my searches for parts etc. They are usually stupid expensive. Some look pretty good, and some look like exactly what you get when you install a $120 kit on you're own bike.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Try craigs list. Are gas motors street legal in NS or will you need to go electric to avoid the police?

Alajoyn

Sep 28, 2009
Portage, MI
Regarding pre-made bikes, look at the ads aside the discussions here. There are fellas that make excellent bikes to your own taste and option if you like. I'm sure they can even answer questions for you if you have a specific brand of bike you like.

contact them direct, (click on their ad and investigate.)

After you talk with several you can make an informed buying decision.
Most all folks on this forum and the fellas advertising want to promote this hobby and offer any assistance.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
The more You read about them on this forum..it will seem more and more like a job that You are capable of,... but if You have Your heart set on having one made for You try http://blowbyumotorizedbicycles.ca/ He's in canada and I have heard nothing but good about him, and He makes some nice looking bikes.
Cheers

nolan_speed

May 31, 2010
Seattle, WA
The thing about the motorized bikes is that they're always needing to have nuts and bolts snugged up, clutches adjusted/replaced, chains adjusted/replaced etc. It seems like putting the motor on the bike would be good practice for maintaining the thing. I'd say that you need a fair bit of mechanical aptitude to maintain these things (not too much) and I'd say that you'd probably feel more confident riding a bike that you put together.