New Kenda K Rads on cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

Dooly

Nov 16, 2014
Arlington Tennessee
Just got the one on front and had to take it for a spin even though it's cold. Good price I think $18.99 each from Amain free shipping. I also got thorn resistant tubes, they cost more but they are super thick. Finished installing engine and SBP shift kit about three weeks ago so I'm like a kid with a new toy. This is my first one.

Attachments

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Walmarts huffy cruiser bikes have 2.35 and I've seen them in cream color....not sure if they sell the spares

Dooly

Nov 16, 2014
Arlington Tennessee
Those cream colored tires would look good but these white walls have been on here since it was new so I wanted a different look. Kenda makes a 2.5 but they cost more, at least the ones I found. I was afraid they would be to wide for my frame but they probably would have worked fine.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
You can't run as high of tire pressure in the 2.5 K-Rads as you can in the 2.3's.......and the 2.5's are considerably fatter!

I really like the K-Rads for overall street riding on motorized bikes.....they work OK for racing as well.

A 2.5" on the front and a 2.3" Kenda K-Rad was a good handling combination!

Last edited:

Dooly

Nov 16, 2014
Arlington Tennessee
Hey Scotto thanks for the info. Are you sayin you would run the fatter tire on the front and the smaller on the rear ?? Or did you mean the other way around?

BTW I really like that SLANT bike of yours, that's one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Did you make that laid back seat post?

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hey Scotto thanks for the info. Are you sayin you would run the fatter tire on the front and the smaller on the rear ?? Or did you mean the other way around?

BTW I really like that SLANT bike of yours, that's one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Did you make that laid back seat post?
Thanks Dooly, the laid back seat post was made by a fellow member here years ago.....I think he's done building them now, on to other things more profitable ;)

And yes....run the fatter tire up front, especially if your running rigid forks as it gives a little softness to a harsh ride. Plus my bikes handle better that way with quicker acceleration and better steering especially off-road.

The hard thing is finding front forks (esp. rigid) with enough clearance for the plump 2.5" as you were thinking.

dnut

here is a pic of a bike I was running the 2.3" front and rear.......they grip quite well

Last edited:

Dooly

Nov 16, 2014
Arlington Tennessee
Nice pic! I will try that sometime with wider tire on front. One more question if I may. What is the difference between a tire with a wire bead and a folding tire. Obviously one has a wire bead and the other one doesn't. But why would you want one as opposed to the other? Thanks.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Nice pic! I will try that sometime with wider tire on front. One more question if I may. What is the difference between a tire with a wire bead and a folding tire. Obviously one has a wire bead and the other one doesn't. But why would you want one as opposed to the other? Thanks.
Thanks. The three good reasons for a folding tire is they have a Kevlar bead which is lighter, stronger and it makes a tire more portable to carry on board.

You can't fold a wire bead tire and stuff it in your pocket like you can a Kevlar bead tire. They are mainly made for racing for the qualities a fore mentioned.

I used them a lot when I raced Mtn. Bikes. They are more expensive however.