Cranbrook 79cc HF build

GoldenMotor.com

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
This is going to be cool. No doubt!

Allow me to add to your list of things to get:

-Front disc brake. After skidding the back tire to a stop from 30 on mine, you need a good front brake.
-At least re-pack the rear hub with marine grade grease. Cranbrooks are known for being under lubricated from the factory.
-Decent tires. The ones they sell at Walmart made by bell with the kevlar belts are good. The Korean tires that are usually sold on cranbrooks are very squishy and prone to bubbling on the side walls. The only 2 I've ever had did that, and I'm sure others may have the same story.

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
I did a similar build on a Kulana frames which is really close to the Cranbrook but a bit bigger. It's a challenge but rewarding for sure. You should free wheel convert the rear hub and do disc or at least good caliper brakes. Different handlebars and remove or get crazy beefing up the fenders they are beyond dangerous. If you need a hand p.m. me I'm more than glad to help with a few of the solutions I found.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
You 4 stroke guys are miracle workers on really impressive engineering you do...
Looking good.

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
I did not use a kit. Went to Harbour Freight and bought the Predator, AGK jackshaft plate, ended up ditching the shaft setup that came with the plate and took some parts off it and built my own, NT carburetor, fully hand built intake, full custom exhaust welded together from 7 sections of straight and curved tubing, lengthened and braced HuaSheng 49cc mount plate, Max Torque clutch, governor removed, it's a long list. Even if he bought that gasbike kit he is in for a technical build.

Reactions: JerryAssburger

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Technical build is an understatement for most 4 stroke builds I see. I'm impressed with most of them. Yeh I supposed after you get one under your belt it seems easy. Don't underestimate your skills or the skills needed in successfully building a 4 stroke MB. I'd love to build a gt2a 4 stroke with a 99 predator engine but am intimidated enough of the roadblocks on mounting that I keep it on my back burner. Hats off to you guys!

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
ZipTie, it's worth it. There are a lot of builds on here that make it look easy and simple where it isn't true. As difficult as the first one seems it's a case where once you have done it you could duplicate it easily. If you decide to jump in please feel free to pm me for some tips to make the tough parts not as tough.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
4 stroke build is not any more difficult than a 2 stroke kit.

Supertrain how's that Cranbrook build coming along?
Yeh I gotta quit talking myself out of a 4 stroke build do to fear of getting it mounted properly. I now have 3ea 2 stroke builds and a 4th military tribute build... nearing completion on a Kulana frame. Running out of room for my new addiction.
And like a big dummy I bought one of the new style bullet train electric start 2 strokes just out of pure stupid curiosity that I need to install on some bike this fall now. So a 4 stroke build will have to wait a bit... Land speed thanks for the offer of help ill take you up on advice before I pull the trigger on a 4 stroke motor.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Just a kit like china girls, can't be that much harder to put together. LOL.............Curt

What i said earlier, go for it. Seen your work and detail on your other bikes, should be no problem........Curt

JerryAssburger

Mar 11, 2017
Salem Oregon
I did not use a kit. Went to Harbour Freight and bought the Predator, AGK jackshaft plate, ended up ditching the shaft setup that came with the plate and took some parts off it and built my own, NT carburetor, fully hand built intake, full custom exhaust welded together from 7 sections of straight and curved tubing, lengthened and braced HuaSheng 49cc mount plate, Max Torque clutch, governor removed, it's a long list. Even if he bought that gasbike kit he is in for a technical build.
Stupid question... when you ran the NT carb, was the jetting okay, or did you have to change it?