Worksman Caution-cycle

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
There was an old saying when one time I was young and it has probably been lost to the sands of time.

It is impossible to soar like an Eagle when you are surrounded by Turkeys.

Steve.

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
:I It gets even better.
Stopped the Driver at the post boxes only to have her tell me
"Your package is totaly at the post office, they had me set it aside this morning! I guess the manager that was there when you went to pick it up didint know that I had left it with this other guy"
At this point Im out of words on the matter.
Groosefaba...
Groosefaba...

Trying to calm down IWW, :p Usually I dont have to Cause Im never at this level.

Kevyleven and LDS, Yeah, tell me about it. Feels that way sometimes. Just gotta take it one step at a time I guess

Fasteddy, Lol. That made my day a smidge better :)

Boygofast your youtube link does not work :(

Last edited:

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
Your right kevyleven, If I had just let things be, they would have been.... or not been depending on who the driver was that day. But essentially I set up a bunch of hoops just for myself to jump through. I think thats what made me mad.:p next time I guess Ill just let things be and cross my fingers

My Instructor at electrical technician training found out what my bike was using for a controller and let me know I was not making use of a whole lot of what its capable of and printed me off the 68pg (did it front and back so only 34 ;) ) unofficial users guide for my cycleanalyst from endless sphere. Take that trees! I don't know why but a copy in my hands actually helps me read.
Apparently Ive not tapped into the regenrative breaking as I thoguht I had.

Picked up a new front wheel that should work with the disk breaks and actually fit, its a thin one, by the suggestion of the bike shop mech, :S I don't know much about bikes to be honest except what I've learned riding them into the ground, so I'm taking the guy who gets paid all day to do stuff to bikes to not be screwing me over with terrible advice.
Apparently to make use of my "5 speed" I'm going to have to ditch the super beefy worksman crank for a regular one, Bummer I was hoping to keep as much of this thing INDUSTRIAL as possible.

Also I think my licenceplate may have arrived :) looks like I may need to send the room mate to pick it up though as her name is on the package.

Last edited:

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
I annihilated my phones screen today.... that may put a crimp in taking pictures.

Licence plate toats came in! <3 could not be happier with it! Now I just need to figure out how to mount it to the fender, which I then need to figure out how to mount to the bike lol.

I move this Sat/sunday so I Shouldn't think Ill be making any updates till after that as most all my free time will be focused on packing.
but hey hey, ill have a workshop once all this is over :) that should be helpful.

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
Got the bike back from the shop today....
After being assured the thin wheel would fit with disk brakes I was told that there is no way for brakes to be mounted on the front fork, :S bummer

Rode it home with no brakes at all, and I have to say WOW. Between the tires and the body float system this ride is AMAZING @_@ I just wish I had some brakes so I could actually start riding soon.

Guess I need to figure out how to make spacers for the derailleur/ break caliper adapter bits. or find some.

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
Its a trick apparently, Those are the exact rocker plates ive got but the wheel with a rotor on the side rubbs the forks x_x and if you add washers to it it tilts the rotor and does not work either apparently

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
I knew I shouldnt have thrown out those emergency breaks.... Could have been flintstonesin it up, Yabba dabba.

Probably going to have to upgrade to a different Fork, Mayhaps tripple tree or something.
Get some spacers for the Derailur/ disk break adapters for the rear dropouts ( Which Mysteriously dissapeared in the move >:V) that I now need to wait till friday for ANOTHER set to come in... so I may then take them to a machine shop and have said spacers made, which was totaly the plan for today before I realized the adapters were in fact not about.

Yep. Nothing like waiting.... so you can wait some more.... for further waiting.

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
I done did do it. Ordered some threadles triple tree forks with disk break holders on them already, and the other part I need to connect the handlebars and keep the forks on the bike. Guess Ill have to pick up a new headlight bucket or something along those lines.
At least it will be easier to find headlight mounting options I suspect.Looking at about a week into next month for these parts
:| I hear good things come to those who wait.

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
Gotta get the first going before I can start a backup ;)
Had an epiphany the other morning, The peddle bike has front forks, and V Brakes too!
Slaped em on the motor bike and wala! working motor bike :D
Its awesome to be riding again!

So Go figure, if theres a gif of it it probably happened to someone (although Im sceptical about the car blowing up into a bike)
Did one of these at a stop sign yesterday
.duh.

Was really not expecting that to happen. I occasionally ride on the rear seat of the bike, but when Im approaching stop signs and what not I usually swich back to the saddle. WELL this time being the cool guy I am I decided to just hang out on the back seat as there was only one car and it was passing as I got to the stop sign.
Figured, "Im rolling, albeit very slow, Ill just go."
I touched the throttle, and I knew things werent going to end well once I lost sight of the horizon and suddenly was watching my front wheel against a sky backgrount.
Fortunately years of broken up judo training kicked in and I Immidiately Tucked my chin in, and ended up taking most of the brunt on my left elbow/ back. Bike is not in too bad a shape. The Back seats locking mechanism is a bit wonky now. but I was kinda thinking about changing out the box thats in this thing at some point in time anyhow. It will do for now.
Ill try to post some pictures later, Its not easy with this phone thats not my old one ;_;

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
remarkably tender, and a bit scuffed but very operational, I just know the instant it touches anything at all @_@

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
Ive got to get some pictures up!
I took measurements for the tank, Re-ran all the wires and controller, Hooked up the Horn, although I didint use the relay or fuse :S Just a quick stick together job that will hold till I get the tank and can jam all these wires outta the way.